How will you spend your next stimulus check?

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The freeboard is about the same.
Bass fishermen are insane. I went out with an old boss who fished and I was sitting in the bow doing about 60mph, maybe 1-1/2’ above the water.
It was a little nerve-racking.
Well shit, M&aM, he was holding back so's not to scare you... He could been going fast or something... Damn... Just cain't satisfy everdamnbody..

When them folks are up at the lake with them fancy boats with matching trucks and shit, I stay off the lake and watch TV in my lake house of fish from the dock....especially if they are pre-fishing....

You know what 60 would be called up there?

In the damn way....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched the 'purple sparkle' turn into my Creek from the big water with nothing but foot.... The big boys on trail were pre-fishing for a tourney. Pop and I were on one of my boats that day fishing... We saw him coming down the lake, put our rods down, lit up a smoke and kicked back... Watching that damn thing was a sight to behold... Wide ass creek. Couldn't rain #4 on other side with a 10ga gooser. He skimmed across over 2/3 mouth trying to turn that bass boat.

You should see a pontoon doing 60.. Pontoons will get up plane too if you have enough beef behind it. My pontoon is a 21' Bass Pro Signature line fish barge with the big pontoons. My big Merc 75 will get it up but won't push it that fast. You should see a pontoon with a 250 on it's ass... A pontoon with a rooster tail.... I didn't know WTF it was at first...

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Well shit, M&aM, he was holding back so's not to scare you... He could been going fast or something... Damn... Just cain't satisfy everdamnbody..

When them folks are up at the lake with them fancy boats with matching trucks and shit, I stay off the lake and watch TV in my lake house of fish from the dock....especially if they are pre-fishing....

You know what 60 would be called up there?

In the damn way....
He was an angry little man with bass boat envy. His topped out around 65.
All he talked about was his cat and what was on Leno last night.
It’s how I started to love working alone.

• Haha
Reactions: ehb

rockstar232007

Reaction score
The same way a lot of other people I've seen - copius amounts of lottery-tickets.

Seriously, though. After the first round, I was at 7-11, and there were at least 7 people in line, dropping some serious $ on tickets. I saw one guy, in his mid-late 60s, throw down like $200!

Hell, just the other day, in the same 7-11, there was an older lady, around 70, holding up the line, bc she was waiting on multiple tickets. Felt really bad for the cashier, bc not only was the "lady" being extremely difficult (she was asked politely to wait by the newsrack, while everyone else was waited on, but had a bad attitude), bc she was A.) technically by herself, and B.) trying to train another woman, who appeared to have some sort of physical issues (she was sitting on a chair, behine the counter, shaking uncontrolably).

I actually had flashbacks to growing up in the welfare system, bc that's exactly what a lot of people did with their checks/foodstamps - beer, smokes, and lottery-tickets.

mdubya

Reaction score
Apology thread?

I don't qualify for any gubmint stimulus checks, so far.

Kind of a good news, bad news deal for me.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think nationwide all the meth dealers are rubbing their hands in anticipation and charging up their phones ready for it to start ringing off the hook!
In my neighborhood, it was fireworks.
Whole city sounded like a war zone for 4 months.

Knoby

Reaction score
I actually had flashbacks to growing up in the welfare system, bc that's exactly what a lot of people did with their checks/foodstamps - beer, smokes, and lottery-tickets.
Sorry to hear that. I didn't appreciate that there is also the people that have needed these payments to survive on. I hope things are looking up for you.

Big John

log stand
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm using my stimulus to stimulate a fellow MLP'er. But in order for that to happen, I had stimulate the Mrs. with the promise of a shopping road trip. I'm all out of stimulus at the moment.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
That's what the whole thing is supposed to be about, not guitar company stimulus.
Partly...maybe...but keep in mind we have a consumer economy and without spending, the economy shrinks. Put cash in people's pockets and many, if not most people, will spend the money on things they want and not necessarily things they need. Very few people will save the money.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Partly...maybe...but keep in mind we have a consumer economy and without spending, the economy shrinks. Put cash in people's pockets and many, if not most people, will spend the money on things they want and not necessarily things they need. Very few people will save the money.
Well, if they would give me a check I would save it. So, they should give me one!

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Well, if they would give me a check I would save it. So, they should give me one!
Post Keynesian economists and fans of MMT think that saving money is the same as hoarding money. Remember in the good old days when banks would use your savings as the capital to lend customers? Those days are gone...it's cheaper to borrow fake money from Uncle Sugar Daddy at near zero interest rates instead of paying savers to save and lending at market rates.

Savings and other investments used to drive the economy and were the capital for business expansion and other fruitful economic actions. The US borrowing and spending spree that started in the 1990s was paid for...in large part...by the savings of Chinese citizens. We don't save...we borrow and spend.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give myself a stimulus payment every payday by automatic transfer to my savings account. This year I'm hoping it will cover my taxes.

There is/was a Canadian federal program to pay a monthly amount to those who lost their jobs due to the... thing. I don't qualify for that, fortunately.

There are certainly those who have taken advantage of it, and those who've been found out are regretting it.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post Keynesian economists and fans of MMT think that saving money is the same as hoarding money. Remember in the good old days when banks would use your savings as the capital to lend customers? Those days are gone...it's cheaper to borrow fake money from Uncle Sugar Daddy at near zero interest rates instead of paying savers to save and lending at market rates.

Savings and other investments used to drive the economy and were the capital for business expansion and other fruitful economic actions. The US borrowing and spending spree that started in the 1990s was paid for...in large part...by the savings of Chinese citizens. We don't save...we borrow and spend.
I save so I have it later. Not really concerned about stimulating others.

slug_maine

Reaction score
Guys. I think this is a big misunderstanding. I'm not bagging on anyone. I'm not trying to be political. I was just trying to get insight into economic behaviour from the people. Dave hasn't responded to my message. I dont know if that's something we're not allowed to talk about. A simple " no economics" will do.
Can't help. I don't see the infraction.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The freeboard is about the same.
Bass fishermen are insane. I went out with an old boss who fished and I was sitting in the bow doing about 60mph, maybe 1-1/2’ above the water.
It was a little nerve-racking.
Fer fuck sakes. Did the wind make your vagina whistle?? :laugh2:

(J/K) :)

Latest Threads