How to spot a fake Les Paul

BillB1960

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't get a sense that this guy is real sincere about spotting fakes?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3S3nPS9Vzo]How to spot a fake Chinese Les Paul Supreme - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrDFtriqU4Q&feature=channel]How to spot a fake Chinese Les Paul Standard - YouTube[/ame]

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Care to summarize? I couldn't watch the whole thing as I wanted to bitch slap him 90 seconds into the first video.

BillB1960

Reaction score
Care to summarize? I couldn't watch the whole thing as I wanted to bitch slap him 90 seconds into the first video.

Bottom line this guy is doing a commercial for fake Gibson Les Paul's under the guise of trying to educate people on how to spot one. He goes on & on about how he thinks it's a real maple cap, how he special ordered an ebony board, etc, etc...

campbellj

Reaction score
Seems like a sales pitch for fakes if you ask me. That guy is a douschebag.

campbellj

Reaction score
Bottom line this guy is doing a commercial for fake Gibson Les Paul's under the guise of trying to educate people on how to spot one. He goes on & on about how he thinks it's a real maple cap, how he special ordered an ebony board, etc, etc...

He's probably one of the distributors on eBay trying to boost his business

GuitarToneFreak

Reaction score
I've seen his videos before, putting the fake part of it aside I really do like his tone - whatever computer program he's using is pretty cool.

But yeah, he also owns a fake Gibson Iommi SG and a couple others, I don't think he's too concerned about spreading the message that fakes are bad.

Also, the fact that the Supreme is closer in body shape to a Nighthawk than a Les Paul, should be enough to sell you on the fact that it's a fake.

bufbills

Reaction score
Hes the spokes person for good counterfeits! Jeez. I like his truss rod comments. What a dick.

Zack

Reaction score
i posted this ages ago, but that first one looks like a fvcking prs singlecut, way off

colchar

Banned
Reaction score

So he's a fvckwit? Gotcha.

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
yeah, this guy endorses fake Gibsons, doesn't he?? LOL!! cheesy dude!!:laugh2:

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
btw: he was giddy as a pig in mud testing out the Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom, LOL!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

thexmadxtopxhatter

Reaction score
I think the guy just gave an honest review of the chinese fakes putting all economic and political issues aside. I for myself however would never purchase one

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
I'd maybe get one as my 'beater guitar' LOL!! relic it during the process, har har har!!

GuitarToneFreak

Reaction score
Wow. A lot of anger here. I'm glad I watched.

Yeah I like his videos and he always seems happy - I disagree about the whole buying fakes part, but what can you do? I can't make his decisions for him, but I can enjoy the videos and his tone :dunno:

Latest Threads