How to put price on this Gibson Les Paul?

lrab92

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to sell a Gibson Les Paul but feel totally lost as to what its value would be. From the serial number it was made in Nashville May 31, 2007. Is there any way to know which model it is by the serial number or by its appearance? It was purchased new in 2008 for about $3000 CAD. Any help would be appreciated!
IMG_5719.jpg
IMG_5718.jpg
IMG_5717.jpg

truckermde

Reaction score
Hang on. You'll get some specific info on this model soon.

I recognize it, but don't remember what it is called.

Plenty of people here can tell you more than you ever thought you wanted to know about it :)

Welcome!

moreles

Reaction score
I don't know the model, but surely someone does. In addition to what a model/year generally goes for, there's also condition, color, and desirability affecting prices. That stark blue will be a love/hate feature, really reducing the size of the buyer pool. Unless you find someone who wants that color and will pay for it, many buyers will gravitate to something more traditional-looking. I think LP1865's estimate of $2K is a good starting point given the original cost and clear age/playwear. I would have said a little less.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition. Ebony board. Gibson made those for a couple of years. Your beautiful blue and also amber, and maybe a third color?? Maybe red, but I'm not for sure.

A couple of ads to help you with specs and possible pricing. I wish I would have bought 1 when they were a bit more plentiful

Last edited:

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this.

Wow, I didn't know about this model; that "Standard Limited Edition" was the only one I knew about with the bound headstock and crown headstock inlay. Thank You for enlightening me.

The year for the model you posted is right, but the Limited Edition was in that Midnight Blue finish, plus covered pickups.

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition. Ebony board. Gibson made those for a couple of years. Your beautiful blue and also amber, and maybe a third color?? Maybe red, but I'm not for sure.
This is the correct answer. That is a Standard Limited Edition (LE) in Manhattan Midnight. Ebony board, AA flamed tops, BB1 & BB2 pickups, 60s necks, standard weight relief, teaspoon tuners, crown inlay. They started in 2003, doing a limited run of 275 per color (with a handwritten number XXX/275 for which number in the series it was for 2003 and 2004). They were supposed to be just one year but because they were so popular they produced them from 2003-2007, with 275 per color per year (with a few exceptions). They had Manhattan Midnight, Pacific Reef (a teal green), Santa Fe Sunrise (a dark orange/red), Trans Amber (dark yellow), and Silverburst. Guitar Center did a limited run version of the Silverburst wherein the guitars look exactly like the regular production ones but they have a GC XXX serial number.

Great guitars. In mint/unplayed condition I would estimate a price of no more than $2500 USD. The vast majority I see coming up are between $1800-$2300.

Last edited:

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the correct answer. That is a Standard Limited Edition (LE) in Manhattan Midnight. Ebony board, AA flamed tops, BB1 & BB2 pickups, 60s necks, standard weight relief, teaspoon tuners, crown inlay. They started in 2003, doing a limited run of 275 per color (with a handwritten number XXX/275 for which number in the series it was for 2003 and 2004). They were supposed to be just one year but because they were so popular they produced them from 2003-2007, with 275 per color per year (with a few exceptions). They had Manhattan Midnight, Pacific Reef (a teal green), Santa Fe Sunrise (a dark orange/red), Trans Amber (dark yellow), and Silverburst. Guitar Center did a limited run version of the Silverburst wherein the guitars look exactly like the regular production ones but they have a GC XXX serial number.

Great guitars. In mint/unplayed condition I would estimate a price of no more than $2500 USD. The vast majority I see coming up are between $1800-$2300.
BAD ASS!!! :p :p

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I'm not expert on Gibsons by any stretch, but the new studio's are $2000 Can where i am in Ontario and that seems a much nicer guitar. If yours is in good shape and has its original case i would hope you could get $2000 any day of the week.

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

afjungemann

Reaction score
I have one of the original runs of these and it is an incredible guitar. I vote you keep it but of course I would say that.

hope you connect with the right buyer!

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Santa Fe Sunrise and it is a heavy rig! I was thinking about selling mine to purchase a newer model but haven't as these are rare guitars with some cool features. Here is a picture of mine and there is one currently selling on Reverb

Attachments

yhl9505

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Santa Fe Sunrise and it is a heavy rig! I was thinking about selling mine to purchase a newer model but haven't as these are rare guitars with some cool features. Here is a picture of mine and there is one currently selling on Reverb

How much are you looking for to sell it? I’m sort of interested in it. Also, does it have the 275 limited number on the headstock?

Latest Threads