How to connect a quick connect pick up

Rob Lambert

Reaction score
Hi. Apologies for this newby question which probably has a simple answer. I've got a 2011 SG Standard and i've bought an Angus Young quick connect pickup. The existing bridge pickup has a braided wire wrapped around the ground wire and a two pin connector plugged into the circuit board - simple. The new pickup does not have a braided wire and has a 5 pin connector. It does though come with an adaptor to connect to the 5 pin connection. The problem is that the other end of the adaptor splits into 2 connectors to attach to the circuit board (one being a 2 pin and the other a 3 pin). So one end will successfully attach to the correct vacant place on the circuit board but there's another end not attached anywhere. The very basic diagram in the box suggests that it should attach to the circuit board but there's nowhere to connect it. I’m thinking that if I leave one connector unattached it can’t be correct as there is no connection with the ground wire. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Some boards have 2 pin cons, some have 3, & some have 5.
Use the one that fits, & let the other one "float", or tuck it away somewhere.

Rob Lambert

Reaction score
That's the simple answer I was really wanting to hear ! Cheers pal.

Latest Threads