How stupid can one man be? About to pull the trigger on another Les Paul

C Squared

Reaction score
Long story short. Been out of work since May. :wtf::noway: Selling off a few things. One in particular I got stood up for 3 times and the last time the guy did show tried to scam me on a fake fender for a trade.:slap: Screw it, I'll sell it to GC and stop wasting time chasing idiots. Of course while I'm there a trad pro V catches my eye (hog top). :hmm:Play it for a bit while the salesman is doing his thing to research the guitar I'm selling. God this neck feels GREAT.:acoustic: Beautiful sweet top end unplugged. Damn this just feels great. Medium weight. Ray comes back with the offer and tells me the guitar is 15% off (whatever, they always are) and 48 months interest free financing....

I had to run before I did something stupid and came home with a really nice guitar, but now is NOT the time....

Of course I'm still thinking about it:facepalm:

dmac in SC

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am out of control with amps right now.... it is a sickness I cant control, SERIOUSLY !!

The Fender reissues are just so awesome, I have my blackface bassman and bandmaster heads out for service (filter Caps only thing needed on both).. I'll sell both of these... Yeah right..

I LOVE the Fender reissue amps...they are definitely better than my old stuff, but I can't get myself to turn loose of anything

C Squared

Reaction score
Found a few things lying around getting NO love, nowhere near the value, but may make it easier. I know I'll dump the pickups and harness which will also get me $$$ towards it so it also becomes easier...

I keep trying to tell myself NOW is not the time. Besides I have this one to play
lp honey.jpg

C Squared

Reaction score
Have to go back that way later today... actually thinking after the shitshow that has been the last two weeks, screw it if it's still there I'm taking her home

C Squared

Reaction score
On a totally serious note, this whole year has been tough for a lot of people. Don't underestimate the depression buffer a new guitar can add to your world.
totally agreed. never made it down there had other more important issues to tend to. The rep I usually deal with is off for the next two days and the sale price is null and void so ain't looking good right now. I will stop in Saturday and see....

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a totally serious note, this whole year has been tough for a lot of people. Don't underestimate the depression buffer a new guitar can add to your world.
Last two years been tough for me... beginning of 2019 i caught having an affair and then covid happened and wreaked havoc on my business. Trust me its cheaper buying guitars then effing around.

The positive of covid is it made me play more :dude:

Last edited:

C Squared

Reaction score
In my experience, GC will always give you 15% off if you ask.
agreed which is why I thought the black Friday thing was a bust. More concerned with the right guy getting the credit in his paycheck. Been dealing with Ray exclusively for 7 years now. Very knowledgeable, not a dick, gives me space, does what he can for me on trades, calls me when something he knows I'll appreciate arrives. everything a sales rep SHOULD do but most of the hacks at GC don't.

Lester

Reaction score
agreed which is why I thought the black Friday thing was a bust. More concerned with the right guy getting the credit in his paycheck. Been dealing with Ray exclusively for 7 years now. Very knowledgeable, not a dick, gives me space, does what he can for me on trades, calls me when something he knows I'll appreciate arrives. everything a sales rep SHOULD do but most of the hacks at GC don't.
That sort of attention from a retail chain is long lost. A remnant of days gone by. Certainly a good idea for anyone on commission of any sort... do GC guys get a cut?

TXOldRedRocker

Reaction score
Feel ya. Fortunately for me, still working. But my wife lost her job in August. So we're down an income, COBRA payments, etc. I do not need a new guitar. I have 6 to choose from now. But still, I bought a damn AAA top Les Paul today. My first AAA top. Will be here in a few days. Why?!?!?!?!

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I quit a job after 40 years, started what was hopefully a part time job (but am getting too many hours) and thought I was done buying guitars and amps. So far this year I've bought five instruments and three amps, anticipating a severe income drop to a level that can't sustain such impulsive spending.

But I really have an urge to put a used ES-235 in '34 Burst on my CC.

Latest Threads