How should I go about this?

LP1865

Reaction score
I've always wanted to make a kit guitar, and looking for some, I found Pitbull guitars, located in Australia.
Reasonably priced, cheap shipping, and the ability to customise kits.
I saw some of their kits, and had a couple of mods I wanted made to a Floyd Rose Superstrat kit they were selling, that being 22 frets instead of just 21.
I sent them a mail on Saturday, I received no reply.
Sent 'em a reply again on Tuesday.
I joined their forum on Wednesday, and put up a thread there.
Reply was from an employee and forum administrator, stating this:-
"
Hi Sol_Survivr,

Unfortunately, the hard drive in my work computer died on Friday last week and all my emails went with it.
I think I've got everything back now so you should receive a reply from Andre soon.
If you don't hear anything in the next 24 hours, let me know and I'll sort it out."

Well, I didn't receive a mail, so I wrote one to Ben, the administrator.
Again, no reply.
Wrote a mail today as well, to both emails, let's see if and when I get a reply.
The question here is, am I being too pushy? Too irritating, too nosey, too in yo face?
Or is this okay as something a customer would do?
I have written several such mails before to Tonerider pickups and other pickup winders. I always received a reply within 2 days.
Yet here I am, no replies for a week.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you being too pushy? Hell no. I've heard good things about their kits, but it doesn't matter if you can't get them to communicate.

cjpeck

Reaction score
These kind of communication issues are a red flag. How confident are you that they will be able to receive and distribute any requested mods to the people that have to make it happen? Will they be able to correct any issues that arise from them dropping the ball on their end? Looks like they may have issues. I'd be hanging on to my shekels.
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

LP1865

Reaction score
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
Past behaviour seems to be pretty good. Lots of reviews of custom kits people have brought from them. That's why I wanted to buy a lot from them

LP1865

Reaction score
Still no reply to any of the 4 mails I have sent them.
Sent another mail for a different mail id.
If I don't get a reply on that one either, I'll probably give up.
Kinda disappointed...

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Perhaps getting their businesses IT up and back online might be a bit more important to them, right now.

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
given the circumstances of these days, what is the benefit of the doubt going to hurt?

Reaction score
while i understand they had technical issues a business should not make you beg them to take your money. it’s supposed to be the other way around. and what if you have a problem with your order? seems it won’t be easy to resolve.

LP1865

Reaction score
Perhaps getting their businesses IT up and back online might be a bit more important to them, right now.
Seems like it. I'll wait it out
given the circumstances of these days, what is the benefit of the doubt going to hurt?
Probably not much. i think I should show some patience.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, what?

Unfortunately, the hard drive in my work computer died on Friday last week and all my emails went with it.
That's not business IT, that's BS. First of all, in a real mail account the messages also remain on the server. Second, there are these things called backups.

No sympathy, they suck at business.

cjpeck

Reaction score
Past behaviour seems to be pretty good. Lots of reviews of custom kits people have brought from them. That's why I wanted to buy a lot from them
Let's check...

I've always wanted to make a kit guitar, and looking for some, I found Pitbull guitars, located in Australia.
Reasonably priced, cheap shipping, and the ability to customise kits.
I saw some of their kits, and had a couple of mods I wanted made to a Floyd Rose Superstrat kit they were selling, that being 22 frets instead of just 21.
I sent them a mail on Saturday, I received no reply.
Sent 'em a reply again on Tuesday.
I joined their forum on Wednesday, and put up a thread there.
Reply was from an employee and forum administrator, stating this:-
"
Hi Sol_Survivr,

I think I've got everything back now so you should receive a reply from Andre soon.
If you don't hear anything in the next 24 hours, let me know and I'll sort it out."

Well, I didn't receive a mail, so I wrote one to Ben, the administrator.
Again, no reply.
Wrote a mail today as well, to both emails, let's see if and when I get a reply.
The question here is, am I being too pushy? Too irritating, too nosey, too in yo face?
Or is this okay as something a customer would do?
I have written several such mails before to Tonerider pickups and other pickup winders. I always received a reply within 2 days.
Yet here I am, no replies for a week.
multiple inquiries to multiple email addresses with no reply for a week as well as reaching out on their social media...

Still no reply to any of the 4 mails I have sent them.
Sent another mail for a different mail id.
If I don't get a reply on that one either, I'll probably give up.
Kinda disappointed...
so multiple attempts on at least three email addresses.

Looks like the behavior you actually have to go on ain't so hot.

Wait, what?

That's not business IT, that's BS. First of all, in a real mail account the messages also remain on the server. Second, there are these things called backups.

Listen to Chexmix. He ain't wrong.

Well, he's pretty messed up, but he's not wrong about this situation.

I'm not busting your balls here at all. I'm just pointing out some stuff that sends up red flags for me. :thumb:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some people are nowhere close to the level of tech savviness that many of us are. Their core competencies are in their business, product, or service. IT shit is a heavy lift for them.

LP1865

Reaction score
Looks like the behavior you actually have to go on ain't so hot.
I don't like being overly aggressive and nagging, I get my fair share of it and do my best not to be the same
'm not busting your balls here at all. I'm just pointing out some stuff that sends up red flags for me. :thumb:
I completely understand what you're saying. It's just that the products seemed perfect for my needs, and I really wanted 'em.
I guess I'll wait it out, and maybe try again after a couple of weeks.
I'm not someone who gives up easily

LP1865

Reaction score
A reply from one of the forum members:-
"Case 1
What I Ordered: plain no binding LP kit, no fretboard inlay, no bridge drilling.
What turned up: flame veneer maple LP, normal TOM bridge and anchor drilling.

case 2
What I ordered: no binding, no control cavity or pup routing, no headstock or bridge drilling.
what turned up: exactly to spec.

The response from PBG depend entirely on Factory response to them. Sometimes this can take a number of days. Adam and his team are really quick at communicating any issues once the kit hits the deck in Aussie and unfortunately it is usually only then that we find the issues out. Again in my experience, PBG is usually great at making amends or compensating from Booboos."

Another member states:-
"I have found them to be quite efficient in getting back to me. perhaps they are on holiday?"

Reaction score
This. Why didn’t they log into the work email from their phone or another computer and carry on? strange.

yep

my policy is if someone with whom i am trying to do a transaction is making it hard to do business with them i move on. and i’m not real patient about it either. i think that’s why i didn’t pick up on the BS extent of the IT excuse because i would have been long gone by the time he ever wrote that.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
In these uncertain times, a business can go from "Excellent" to "We were hit so hard that we might never recover".

I'd be patient sending them any money... which doesn't help them but...

:dunno:

Latest Threads