How old are Historic and RI owners?

Injector

Reaction score
I was 49 when I bought my first brand new reissue Les Paul. I did get a brand new LP Custom when I was 30. Between them just regular USA Gibsons and Fenders.

TM1

Reaction score
I'm a 110. Got my first Historic in 2003 (an R-0 with a Birdseye top) I've had a number of Historics and sent every one of them, except my Murphy Lab R-9 to Historic Makeovers! Kim has done six of my guitars since 2008. Currently Have a new Murphy Lab R-9, a 2002 R-0 and a `64 Block Inlay ES-335. I have 2 old, single cutaway Melody Maker's (a `61 & `62) and a `59 Les Paul Special(an early one with the pickup up against the end of the neck).

TM1

Reaction score
I came in the year the original Les Paul's were created!

funkyguitarman

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first Reissues this year at 31. Being a lifelong Gibson guy, a reissue was always the top of the mountain dream guitar. I got my first Gibson at 16 after working for it and really could only afford/justify USA Gibsons and Fenders till very recently. I'm kind of ok with not being able to obtain one so early in my musical journey, as that journey itself really cemented my preferences. It was far easier to rationalize to myself spending reissue money after being such a Gibson player for so long and that I will continue to be so. Funny enough, my first custom shop guitar was actually a Fender 1960 Wildwood Spec Tele custom that convinced me to make the leap for a 59 and 57 Reissue. That tele was bought in January of this year and helped understand that little extra made a big difference to me. After that feeling of satisfaction and assurance, I went after the Reissue thing to quell my Gibson side. When I first tried out my 59RI in the store, I couldn't believe my ears and hands. I was instantly sold and a few months later, plopped down the cash for my 57RI which sounds identical to me but with just a slightly larger neck. My reissues are constant sources of inspiration and enjoyment.

Attachments

enjoikevin

Reaction score
I’m 40 now. Purchased a 2008 GO new back when I was 27 (also when I joined this forum ;)) . Saved my pennies, skipped meals, didn’t go anywhere but I made it happen lol. I just picked up my second Reissue last year a 2020 RO. Best guitars I've ever played.

Mosster47

Reaction score
I was 29 when I bought my first Historic. 2008 R8, baseball bat neck. I've had a few others. None were keepers for me. Cool guitars though.

Latest Threads