How Often Do You Look At Your Phone?

redcoats1976

Reaction score
Is it still against the law to refill your own gas in MI and a few other states?
i live in florida.you mean other states still have pump jockeys?my 3rd job when i was a kid in high school was pumping gas about 5 miles from Uconn.ah,the stories i could tell...

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
i live in florida.you mean other states still have pump jockeys?my 3rd job when i was a kid in high school was pumping gas about 5 miles from Uconn.ah,the stories i could tell...
When I was growing up, I remember places here in OK used to have full service and self service pumps, and the prices reflected that. My folks would use the full service, get their tank filled, oil checked, and windows cleaned.

After college I live in MI for a bit. First time I had to fill up, I pulled in and grabbed the hose and started filing my tank. The guy came running out, "Stop!!! You can't do that!". So I stopped and let him finish. I ask the guys at the office and they said it was illegal in MI to fill your own tank. Next time I had to fill up, sure enough, tons of signs around stating that (I had not even looked before).

I've heard a few other states were like that, but I just didn't know if any still had those laws.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get short with me.
Ok, here we go with the short jokes again....

That's it. I'm getting me a complex... I may even qualify for a Gummit check every month...and free counseling...

:cool2:

dspelman

Reaction score
My iphone screen time is at 13 minutes a day at the moment.

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much. Mostly when I am in bed. I can get about an hour of surfing/reading time in while trying to fall asleep. Gets old. Probably doesn't help fall asleep either.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
i used to work at a station up north.if you didnt offer to check oil/wash windshield they got a free dollars worth of gas.i remember washing a windshield while the 3 girls in the car played with a pet raccoon.all of a sudden i hear he bit her in the boob,he bit her in the boob.lucky raccoon,she had quite a set of knockers.had to keep from laughing all night long when customers came in.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is why i wont own a smart phone or electric car.i have mastered the art of refilling a gas engine car though...
I authorize my gas pump touch-free, and using the gas card and the app saves me $0.25/gallon.
I've never paid a penny in interest or fees on the account... I pay it off every 2 weeks.

Still have to touch the handle :D

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't own the latest model.:cool2: I just use it to check the time.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First job was pumping gas... They hid the damn gas caps back then... VW bug owners could get a bit funny at times...

Lungo

Reaction score
I don’t know how often exactly but it’s TOO often.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have an old flip phone, doesn't even have a camera. I only turn it on when.....I want to make a call. I see lots of people looking at there phones constantly, Is that pleasurable? Is it disturbing yet you can't help yourself? Do you despise the damn thing but you have to have it for work?
Ditto. I have a flip phone that only has phone and text. But I don't do text. I tell people: 'If you want to speak to me, phone the landline'

The only time I do anything with my phone is to take it to the car when I drive, to phone the Automobile Association if I break down (and 'er indoors), or the Police if I need to.

The strange thing is, I've got by perfectly without gazing at a mobile phone every minute of the day... :naughty:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, you ain't far off.... Small town neighborhood gas station.... Owner spit Red Man all over the damn place....

Cash register was one of the old ones where $11.32 required four fingers to punch simultaneously... Actually REQUIRED to count out change from the purchase price to the tendered amount. When he hired me, I had to do it several times to prove to him I could count.... Had to demonstrate I could punch the spout in a can of Quaker State.....and hand pump kerosene out of the big red tank for folks.... It was actually a fun job...

Ed B

Reaction score
I look at mine a lot.

You know when you're too old to go out in public? It's when people looking at their phones bothers you. :rofl:

Latest Threads