How much 'margin of error' should you accept for a defected Les Paul?

Atomant

Reaction score
So when you say they relented, do you mean they're giving you another guitar?

I took it to mean they weren't going to work on it, but then they agreed to. Could be wrong.

Yes, they will have to replace another guitar of my choice or I will top up for a more expensive model.

Whether if it's hand made or machine made, there's no way I'm going to accept a guitar with such amateurish defects.

What next? 10 years down the road, am I going to settle with upside down fretboard markers? Mismatched volume and tone pots?

There is a reason why there is a Les Paul specifically for the Japanese market. Gibson will make whatever people are willing to buy.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Ever seen those youtube vids of Gibson guitars that didn't pass QC so the guitars just get cut in half and chucked in a giant dumpster?

There's another picture I saw where some of the guitars they cut were used to build a feature wall in a restaurant as we'll.....

I'm assuming that's all hype for the press or visitors..... Or is it true?

If it is real/true they must have shockers, or diff QC people on that day..... Could believe it when I read an interview with Henry at Gibson on his first day at Gibson after buying it and he just grabbed a guitar that had just been built and smashed it!

Unbelievable!
AFAIK, Gibson hasn't "bandsawed" reject guitars in a few years? Unless, I'm mistaken, I believe now, they literally go in to a wood-chipper.

Atomant

Reaction score
Okay guys, here are the pics of my 2013 Les Paul that I have complained about its mal-aligned high E and low E strings where the hi E strings keep slipping off the 20-22 frets.

As for the bottom strap button hole, it certainly looks less mal-aligned in the pictures than in real life. That is if you're able to figure out there the 'centre line' is as compared to where the hole is drilled.

Anyway I've gotten this sorted out with my dealer and will be replaced with a 2016 Les Paul Standard of my choice which I will post pictures of it shortly.

Btw possible for anyone of you guys to tell me what's the Maple top grade on this les paul? A? AA? or B?

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9595.jpg
    IMG_9595.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9757.jpg
    IMG_9757.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9758.jpg
    IMG_9758.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
Typical Gibson crap. You want a guitar done right from the get-go, get a Strat.

Did I just say that?? :shock:

Atomant

Reaction score
Typical Gibson crap. You want a guitar done right from the get-go, get a Strat.

Did I just say that?? :shock:

I've already got a Strat, a few Ibanez's and a few Schecters and I buy these guitars sight unseen. And yet Gibson gives me the most problem right out of the factory.

Well I sure as hell am glad you didn't say I'm just another NUTCASE!!! :fingersx:

Atomant

Reaction score
So I have decided to go ahead and replace the 2013 LP with a 2016 LP. I have just collected today and have topped up a small amount of $$ for the flamed maple top. Hope you all enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_9621.jpg
    IMG_9621.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9624.jpg
    IMG_9624.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9762.jpg
    IMG_9762.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9765.jpg
    IMG_9765.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9766.jpg
    IMG_9766.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 15

GS1

Reaction score
That looks amazing! Glad you had a good resolution.

Latest Threads