How much is this Les Paul worth?

Droog

Reaction score
If the winning bid is legit, someone got ripped off. Badly. :shock:

andreww

Reaction score
You never know with Ebay. Guys will bump there own auction using fake accounts and hope there is a sucker out there that will trump it. But that's their problem. If your are going to bid on valuable items you need to be aware of what the actual value is. Just because you won it on Ebay, doesn't make it a "deal".

politenessman

Reaction score
kind of suprising how openly these guys assist in beating customs in other countries. especially when if something goes pear shaped they could be responsible.

Comanche

Reaction score
It's not even a regular Standard, it's a Standard faded, which retailed for even less. :shock:

Standard faded get more love than a standard. They often sell from more.

Droog

Reaction score

Don't start this shit again. :laugh2:

:shock:

My original point still stands though, the seller is walking a fine line between salesmanship and fraud. That is no AFD guitar, and the wording can, and has, fooled some into thinking it's an AFD guitar.

Droog

Reaction score
Uh, people spend about the same on new Standards. Sucker? I don't know, we'll see what it goes for. I mean, regardless if you like it it's still a signature guitar, so the value is a bit higher.

Wrong, it's no signature guitar.

Like I said, this seller is bordering on fraud. :shock:

And the fact they state clearly in the ebay ad they have no problems breaking the law so the buyer may avoid duties and taxes might raise some red flags as well.

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
It's not even a regular Standard, it's a Standard faded, which retailed for even less. :shock:

I didn't realize we were talking about a Standard Faded. It's ironic because the seller could have gotten this price (or close to it) by offering it as an un-f'd-up Standard Faded. Instead he made it less desirable to both groups of prospective buyers . . . Slash signature fans and guys like me who want a regular used Standard Faded.

tzd

Reaction score

No, if you look at the pictures closely, that is a 2008-2012 model Standard in Honeyburst. It is not a Standard Faded. You can't fake a Neutrik jack.

Droog

Reaction score
No, if you look at the pictures closely, that is a 2008-2012 model Standard in Honeyburst. It is not a Standard Faded. You can't fake a Neutrik jack.

"modified to Slash's exact standards including:"

"upgraded Input Jack"

'Gibson Les Paul Standard light "Faded" Amber Cherry Burst"

Quotes from the ad.

But yes, on second look at the photo's you're right.

More word smithing by the seller, to suggest he upgraded it.

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
Wish people would stop saying someone "won" an ebay auction.
They bought something for a higher price than anyone else bid.
How is that "winning"?
Ebay marketing.

tzd

Reaction score
"modified to Slash's exact standards including:"

"upgraded Input Jack"

'Gibson Les Paul Standard light "Faded" Amber Cherry Burst"

Quotes from the ad.

But yes, on second look at the photo's you're right.

More word smithing by the seller, to suggest he upgraded it.

Exactly. When he said faded, he wanted you to believe the honeyburst finish was a faded cherry burst. When he said upgraded input jack, he wanted you to believe he put in the Neutrik jack. Well, the Neutrik jack plate is a different size than a normal jack plate, you would have to do some serious routing to fit it in a real Standard Faded, which has a normal jack plate.

Latest Threads