How much is this Les Paul worth?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Im looking at this guitar on eBay and have been dying to get a Les Paul.

Gibson Slash Les Paul Appetite for Destruction Afd | eBay

Thats the link to the guitar. Im wondering if anybody can tell me more about it and how much do they think its worth?

The descripition from the ebay auction is ( Just incase the link doesnt work )

Brand New 2010 Gibson Les Paul Standard light "Faded" Amber Cherry Burst, professionally modified to Slash's exact standards including: Grover Locking Tuners (this guitar NEVER goes out of tune), Neck and Fret Dress, upgraded Input Jack, Slash Truss Rod Cover w/AFD Slash Hat Logo, and his Signature Slash Seymour Duncan AFD Zebra Pickups. There is a slight blemish on the left side of the headstock near the low E String which we could not photograph (too small).

We have had the $6500 Limited Edition Custom Shop AFD Guitars and these have the identical neck radius and body shape/woods/electronics/cosmetics yet they go for quadruple the price of our "upgraded" USA Les Pauls. They sound identical. All modifications were done by our Gibson certified tech. Original pickups included in case.

Priced to sell quickly, this won't last.

Winning Buyer must use PayPal at checkout. Winning Buyer is responsible for all shipping and "Duty/Taxes" if it crosses a border. We do not charge taxes and we always mark items as "Gifts" to help.

Pease Note: We will declare a lower value to help with Customs. Declaring a lower value does affect your Insurance and you will only be able to recuperate the declared value if it is damaged. We advise you contact us first for a shipping quote. Please include Country, State/Province, City, and Zipcode/Postal Code.

Ask any questions you have. We will do our best to reply within 24 hours.

Specs from Gibson USA (Pre-modification):

LES PAUL STANDARD FADED SERIES

Species: Mahogany Profile: ’50s rounded or ’60s slim taper
Thickness at 1st fret: 0.818" Thicknessat12thfret: 0.963" Neck Joint Location: 16th fret
FINGERBOARD
Species: Rosewood Scale length: 24.75" Total Length: 18.137" NutWidth: 11.0625" Width at 12th fret: 2.062" Frets: 22 Inlays: Figured trapezoid Binding: Single-ply
FINISH
Hand-rubbed satin finish
Available Colors: Heritage Cherry Sunburst,
Honey Burst, Tobacco Burst
HARDWARE
Plating Finish: Nickel Bridge: Tune-o-matic Tailpiece: Stopbar Knobs: Gold top hat Tuners: Greenkeys
ELECTRONICS
Pickups: Two Zebra-coil BurstBucker, Two Volume, two Tone,
Black reptile pattern hardshell Dark Black plush with Black shroud Silver “Gibson USA” logo
Brite Wires .010-.046
Nashville, TN
Carved AA maple Mahogany

denka

Reaction score
"Profile: ’50s rounded or ’60s slim taper" - Which one? It can't be both.

Max. $1500

Throwdown

Reaction score
I see. The auctions over $2000 now. I dont have a problem winning the auction and spending the cash, but i want to make sure im getting what i pay for.

denka

Reaction score
The "upgraded Input Jack" is shit.

"Grover Locking Tuners (this guitar NEVER goes out of tune)."

I can promise you, it will go out of tune.

Buy another guitar and add the APH-2s yourself.

wrc73

Reaction score
The "upgraded Input Jack" is shit.

"Grover Locking Tuners (this guitar NEVER goes out of tune)."

I can promise you, it will go out of tune.

Buy another guitar and add the APH-2s yourself.

+1

Way overhyped. If you want a cool Slash type guitar you would be better off to do it your self. By a used amber, vintage burst, or HCB LP and add the SD Slash pups. Even beter Jonsey has Slash pups and harness for sale on his site. :thumb:

politenessman

Reaction score
much better to do it by yourself. you get the satisfaction of accomplishment, and can do it your way. get a used trad or trad pro or stan in the same finish.

Droog

Reaction score
That guitar is way overpriced. I also don't like how the seller seems to dance around and hint that it is something that it is not....a custom shop AFD Les Paul. I also don't like how the seller simply omits the specs that would differentiate that guitar from a real custom shop afd. ( weight relieving for example ) :shock:

ctc2

Reaction score
Seems a bit overpriced to me but what do I know.

tzd

Reaction score
That is a chambered Les Paul Standard with 50s asymmetrical neck. Dime a dozen on eBay for +/- $1600. It is probably the least desirable of all the Standard models over the years.

boyscout

GAS study patient member
Reaction score
That's going to go for around 2600.. My guess..

A "sucker born every minute".

For some, the high-pitched hyperbole of the offer on eBay is a warning sign. Obviously for others it's a seduction.

Let's hope the winning sucker gets a half-decent guitar.

kickoutthejams

Reaction score
It shits me that the seller is trying to sell it as an authentic 2010 Gibson AFD LP, which sell for around the 4k mark. It's not that guitar. Very misleading ad.

GibsonMarshallGuy

Reaction score
A "sucker born every minute".

For some, the high-pitched hyperbole of the offer on eBay is a warning sign. Obviously for others it's a seduction.

Let's hope the winning sucker gets a half-decent guitar.

Uh, people spend about the same on new Standards. Sucker? I don't know, we'll see what it goes for. I mean, regardless if you like it it's still a signature guitar, so the value is a bit higher.

tzd

Reaction score
Uh, people spend about the same on new Standards. Sucker? I don't know, we'll see what it goes for. I mean, regardless if you like it it's still a signature guitar, so the value is a bit higher.

It's not a signature guitar. It's a 08-12 Standard with Slash truss rod cover.

Unless you meant signature as in Les Paul's signature. In which case prices begin at around $600.

Howard2k

Reaction score

Unless you meant signature as in Les Paul's signature. In which case prices begin at around $600.

This.

Probably still a good guitar, but it's not a Slash sig. Hardly mutton dressed up as lamb but the ad could be more "open".

Droog

Reaction score

It's not even a regular Standard, it's a Standard faded, which retailed for even less. :shock:

Latest Threads