How much hotter/louder?

Metallon

Reaction score
Comparing a Seymour Duncan JB / '59 set to a set of Burstbucker Pros, how much hotter/louder are the SD's? I know the SD's accentuate highs but not so much mids, how do the BBP's compare?

Just curious :) Tried looking this up but I wasn't too successful.

Benjammin

Reaction score
well, a JB is quite hot compared to the 59 or BBs, I dont know how well that translates to perceivable differences in volume

SG Lover 94

Reaction score
Well, as a rule I say for some odd reason gibson pickups are a hell of a lot louder than SD's(just my opinion). I had a BB1 in the neck and a neck position '59 in the bridge(basicly the same pickups with a different magnet) and at the same height relative to the string the neck was way louder than the bridge. as for hottness, the JB is a very hot pickup(17k i think) but it is also wound with #43 wire(vs standard #42) to take off a bit of the edge and darken it up a bit. Also a rule for me is i like both A5 and A2 magnets in the bridge, but think A5's in the neck are a tad muddy(for me) so i like a A2 or A3 magnet in the neck(for me). tonewise i am a fan of the BB pro in the bridge but not the neck, i like the BB1(neck) with BB pro(bridge). but now ive got a BB1 in the bridge and im looking for a pickup for the neck.

just my opinions so take it with a grain of salt(thats the saying right?)

Cheers, SG Lover 94

Also, Ben, any input would be great!
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/pickups/103932-neck-suggestion-bb1-bridge.html

Latest Threads