How much for a 15 year old?

Jakeislove

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of last week when I asked a a russian friend if gypsies still took children. I'm semi-convinced some time abroad would really help my 13 year old, LOL!

SkunkWorks

Reaction score
pile hole...

P3158446_JPG_w300h400.jpg

subscribed.

skunkworks-albums-misc-picture34995-1947-eating-popcorn-drinking.gif

Reaction score
You will be able to save some money if you shop around a little. I would say that $2200 is near the top of the range unless it is some type of special addition/re-issue. That being said, it is also really hard to de-value a Les Paul unless you do something to it that renders it unplayable.:dude::dude:

Grey

Reaction score
I'm not sure if your username is big and annoying enough, I think you should have used some exclamation marks at the end.

dkuther

Reaction score
generally speaking, a 1995 should be a good guitar in terms of build and quality control. The guitar will be weight relieved and probably have 490r/498t pickups. I would guess that if the guitar was in very good condition that somewhere between $1800 - $2200 usd would be a fair price for it.

+1

Lester

Reaction score
Re: How much for a 15 year old?

I think it's at least 20 years, but it probably varies by state and year. I do know her Dad will probably be after you with a shotgun though.

Geardog

Reaction score
i don't care where you're from or what language you speak if you couldn't have added "Gibson Les Paul" to your thread title I'm questioning what you're doing anywhere near a keyboard to begin with

+1

Well guys I'm from Slovenia, probably few of you dont even know where that is and so being grown up and smart I will ask you something.

Don't assume we don't know where Slovenia is, or, if we cared, we could have looked it up. As suggested here, you may want to ease up, enjoy the humor, - and you may want to take it easy with the piehole stuff. You don't see me being a wiseguy saying I'm from Massachusetts in the US - if you even know where that is. (ok, maybe i was just a wise ass right there).

See, that's not nice is it.

gmanbluesman

Reaction score
Amigo,

The price the seller is asking is a little below top retail for the guitar.

New Les Paul Standards are running around $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 + depending on the guitar. The guitar you are thinking about buying is a '95 so it is a little over 10 years old. No where close to vintage. It is simply a used Les Paul (not meaning to talk down a Les Paul by any means!! --haha).

If the price comes to $2,200.00 US he is asking a top dollar price for it. If it is pristine and a 10 ,with a solid body, I might consider it. At a place like Guitar Center (I worked for them for 6 years) he would be offered somewhere around $1,000.00 + for it and they would sell it for around $1,600 to $1,800. They would probably tag it for $2,000.00 or so.

One of the people who responded to your question mentioned that the guitar would have a chambered body. He is right. So the guitar you are thinking about buying isn't like the "Holy Grail" guitars. To me the chambered body guitars aren't worth as much and don't have the same tone/sound.

I would offer him $1,500.00 and take it from there. I wouldn't pay $2,200.00 for it though.

For what it's worth...............

Happy Trails,

GManBluesMan

Riffmaster

Reaction score
If the Standard is in good condition and very minor imperfections, the most I will pay for it is $1800. 90's standard are hard to come by nowadays.
95 LP standard is weight relieved and not chambered.

Latest Threads