How much does your Norlin weigh?

dyrhee

Reaction score
Curious to know what the range is, as far as weight for Norlins on this site. I've heard banter here and there, but I thought I'd start a thread. Also, a good reason to post your pictures! I've got 2. The '74 custom is 10lbs even, and the '73 Deluxe is 9 lbs 2 oz. Cheers! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

judson

Reaction score
71LPfatty.jpg
71LPfatty2.jpg

71 LP is the fatty of the house at 10.26

and thats after a prior owner stripped the finish, shaved the neck, removed the neck binding and sanded the back some, then drilled 2 holes for toggles....mean bastid !

EDIT: i think the weight is wrong....i jumped on my bath scale with the 71LP and the scale showed 255 lbs,,,,,so i think my postage scale is off because i know my correct weight it 225lbs so i have a 25 lb Norlin....wow thats a fatty... :rofl:

Last edited:

grumphh

Reaction score
I have never owned a weight that actually was intended to be accurate in the weight range of LP's - and i most certainly am not going to drag out my guitars to grocers or whoever might have a reasonably precise weight.

So i can only guess.
My '71 Deluxe is probably around 12 lbs
and my '79 LPC is probably around 16 lbs.

This is going by feel only - no weights involved...
....and everybody knows that Norlins are heavy, so let's give them figures they are going to like :D

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
More than a suitcase full of bricks.

My 1978 CSB Custom is a little over 12 pounds

My 1977 BB Custom is is just smidge under 10 pounds...(that's light for this model)

In a Dirty Harry voice......

"This guitar is so heavy it could mash your toe clean off.........do you feel lucky.... do ya punk"

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
More than a suitcase full of bricks.

My 1978 CSB Custom is a little over 12 pounds

My 1977 BB Custom is is just smidge under 10 pounds...(that's light for this model)

In a Dirty Harry voice......

"This guitar is so heavy it could mash your toe clean off.........do you feel lucky.... do ya punk"
Straplocks! Don't play your Norlin without them. The life or limb you save could be your own..:eek2:

Latest Threads