How much difference a good power supply does? A big one

Gabriel

Reaction score
I was really excited yesterday. My Catalinbread DLS and the Wampler Ego Compressor came. Didn't have the time to check them yesterday so today I cut some patch cables, used some single 9v adaptors and turned them on. And for 20 minutes I felt more disappointed than a fat kid that dropped its icecream. There was that high pitch noise that wouldn't go nomatter what I did. Then I started swapping cables and finally tried both with 9v batteries instead of the crappy adapters. The noise was gone, the sound was great and I became a happy man again.

So if you like pedals, and especially dirt boxes, a high quality power supply should be your top priority.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
When I had the Luther Drive, I didn't seem to like it with a battery after a few hours of playing. With a decent power supply, it was great again. So, I guess that the general idea to supply good, steady, isolated power to your pedals. This will minimise / eliminate hum & buzz and keep your tone intact.

Lemonhead

Reaction score
I was wondering why my stuff sounded so good the other day. Then I realized I had just replaced my One-spot with an Iso-5.:hmm:

Latest Threads