How Mike Tyson Got Revenge For Muhammad Ali

Deftone

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone survived a fight with Mike.

I watched Tyson from early on and I always said there is only one boxer who would ever have a chance....

iu

Mark_the_Knife

Reaction score
Tyson was/is a seriously deranged man.

... the first night Tyson took [Robin] Givens to a Manhattan apartment owned by his assistant, Steve Lott, Lott recalled being awakened by a woman's screams, and got up to find Givens complaining to the building's doorman "of being struck by Mike."
Torres later learned Tyson's version of what happened that night:
"Just before the (Michael) Spinks fight, I asked him to tell me about the best punch he'd ever thrown. A broad smile covered his face and his answer burst out. 'Man, I'll never forget that punch. It was when I fought with Robin in Steve's apartment. She really offended me and I went bam,' he said, throwing a fast backhand into the air to illustrate. 'She flew backward, hitting every wall in the apartment. That was the best punch I've ever thrown in my life.

Sun Sentinel Article on Mike Tyson

Without an arena like the boxing ring, Tyson would have spent his life in a federal penitentiary. It is a shame that Ali would need a wild man like Tyson to deliver vengeance on Larry Holmes.

Comanche

Reaction score
Larry Homes broke down and cried after he beat Mohammad Ali. That’s the way I remember it.

Latest Threads