How many times have a read ‘probably’ in an advert.

Brek

Reaction score
Guy claiming this is ‘probably’ Honduran back and braz board, back does look like a high quality piece of wood. It’s a shady way to sell something. Nice guitar though, I know nothing about the MIJ guitars, but am guessing it’s over priced?

Homeras

Reaction score
OH! That's the listing of an asshole who sold me Edwards SG. Claimed it was nitro and medium neck. Obviously it is poly and the neck is one of the thickest of all I had (23.2mm at 1st).
What's worse - it came to me with broken headstock. Nothing strange as it was in a gigbag loose in a big box....
Waited 3 months for at least some refund, didn't get anything so what I can/could do is at least tell this story where I see this asshole involved.
NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Last edited:

Roxy13

Reaction score
The neck appears to be African Mahogany to me. The back is harder to say as I have some with African that look just like that but also some with S. American mahogany that do as well.

GammyBird

Reaction score
Bacchus DX and some Duke models use Honduran.

I'm not 100% sure about the DX models though.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Unless the hog is really stripey it's hard to be certain it's African. And some Honduran is really curvy/way and easier to ID as Honduran, but when the grain is straight like that and not stripey, it's a hard call.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Is it just me or are Reverb prices for 95 % of guitars laughable ??? I know im a cheap SOB. Also i think thats african hog and zero chance of braz. "Probably" played a few times by Jimmy Page though 100%.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Probably" is nothing more than a way of avoiding an accusation of false advertising.

Brek

Reaction score
I have been trying to get my ‘eye’ in with mahogany, but it’s a difficult wood to be 100% sure on, very straight grain was one of my indicators early on, but now with a bit more looking and reading, there is that same trait in South American, the very thin lines in the grain is another tell of African I am not so sure of now either, they are supposed to be mineral streaks but frankly the image quality my iPad presents is hard to be sure what it is. Images quality is really compressed I don’t know if it’s my mobile broadband provider doing it or the iPad settings. Stupid as I have 100 gig of data a month. Don’t need no compression.

Roxy13

Reaction score
His photos are low resolution although Reverb may have resized them too. I tried blowing them all up to see how well I could tell what wood each part was, but the fretboard is just a total blur then.

Latest Threads