How many Historics actually get played?

Les Zombie

Reaction score
I play all of my guitars, i dont really gig or play shows very often anymore but when i do i dont care about it, i take whatever guitar im on the mood to play. i value my gear but i dont abuse it.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know I have the odd case queen too that people took care of for so long I kind of feel bad being that guy.... But .... I remembered thinking I put my R0 away needing some string and set up, but was surprised at the sight when I opened the case.guess I had a few...

Guess my question is how many of the beauties on here get taken out for a night of drunken debauchery on the town!
What are those splotches? blood? alcohol?

crosstownblues

Wraptail Fan
Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
All my guitars get played out, and the R9 is no exception - especially since it's the best sounding/playing guitar I own! Anything else would be second string.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gig CC2 Goldie-

The only one I won't is PG and when I get it, my signed Perry. They are too good/valueable for the local gin mills. I have gigged my R9 siberian tiger as well. So yes, I gig them.

Sandy is the only one I have yet to gig with, but I'm not in an active band at the moment.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've already posted these videos on another thread, but you asked, so......
"Soulshine" is Sandy
"Redhouse" is my 2011 one off R9
"Sweet Child" is my aged Bonamassa #42

Why let them sit in the cases? I do take great care with them though, no belt buckles, and they are wiped down after every gig. I gig anywhere from 1-3 times a month, and they get polished/fretboard oiled, string changes every 4-6 gigs. I switch guitars pretty much every set, so the strings don't need to be changed as often as if I had one main guitar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_1m4ZWT3nk]Crossroads Covers "Soulshine" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IvWIIl_XLc]Crossroads does 'Redhouse" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3VFltwLFdo]Crossroads Covers "Sweet Child O Mine" - YouTube[/ame]

strat1701

Premium Member
Reaction score
interesting I've never seen/heard SCOM riff played that way. Your JB LP sounded better imho....

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
interesting I've never seen/heard SCOM riff played that way. Your JB LP sounded better imho....
Someone commented about that on my original thread too. It is pretty funny. We were deciding who was going to play which part in practice, and he started the riff. I was like, WTF? LOL. I had never seen it done like that either. I tried it and it's a biotch to play it that way IMO, but it works for him. Thanks for listening....the jubilee probably doesn't hurt either tone wise. He is playing through a Mesa.

THDNUT

Reaction score
:io:

I never play mine. They rotate in a glass kiosk in my living room illuminated by diamond lights. I wake up every morning just to worship them......:laugh2:

strat1701

Premium Member
Reaction score
:io:

I never play mine. They rotate in a glass kiosk in my living room illuminated by diamond lights. I wake up every morning just to worship them......:laugh2:
what, you mean it's not ballistic grade plexiglass, and hermetically sealed?

silverkw

Reaction score
Gigged many times with my r7 when my band was still playing.

Now I play it at home everyday.

HurricaneJesus

Reaction score
Let's see, bought my R8 January 19th, took it to the gig next day and three since then. I did let it sit out one gig though because the bar doesn't have a stage and there have been mishaps...anywhere else, though, I take it with me. In a soft case, no less!!!

rykus

Reaction score
Hey all, thanks for the replies!

Not trying to be an ass, just comes naturally I guess:) I know a lot of us play often and play out. Just after these '13's and all the sigs lately I kinda feel drained by next best greatest thing I've never tried, and opening up that case reminded me I LOVE PLAYING GUITAR!The feeling of just pouring blood sweat and beers, jamming out as long as people will let you! I'm sure I could've played a 2x4 with strings and had a great time!
Just seeing If you guys ever forget the chase and enjoy the smaller things!
All is well, as you were

Oh yeah jimmy ace's... its blood, was dark I guess didn't see it. And yes I take care of my guitars too, but they see some action!

jamdogg

Reaction score
Previous owner put most of the miles on this 10 lb Flametop RI tone-monster. The wear and tear on the top and back did not show up in the pics.

In the words of Ron Kirn, "Play the paint of it!" :D

This one is getting a new nut and strap locks and going to the next upcoming gig.

LenPaul

Premium Member
Reaction score
I play & abuse the only one I have.
When I'm done with em I sell & get a new one.
I'm on the 3rd now, a 2011 R7 gold top only a year old, it still looks new. almost.

Mats A

Reaction score
My 2012 Factory Burst is my main guitar now. It´s what i use for rehearsals and gigs.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I don't gig but I do (more like did) play often with a few guys...who also don't gig. Just get together and have fun. Haven't had much time for it lately but I would like to get into it.

I bought mine so I can debate having the neck reset with hot hide glue to get the sound of a 50s guitar I played in the 90s when the guitar had aged 37 years.
Don't forget to mention the year of your R and how special that year was compared to others.