How many hang your Historics on the wall?

wallyguitar

Reaction score
Show me your pics! I've always kept my reissues in one of those old fender 7 guitar rack/stands that I've had forever. I'm thinking about wall hanging all the Historics now for a change.

Brek

Reaction score
I have one wall hanger, never got round to fitting it. Would help as floor space is at a premium in my den.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be careful on the hangars.
Supposedly, Hercules is nitro-safe. It is not uncommon to find damage to the finish from hangers.
Even though Hercules is supposed to be safe, I'd still put a pure cotton sleeve over the hooks.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, never, nope. I’m worried about the big midwestern earthquake that’s overdue.
LOL...
Here in EQ country we just ignore it.
Half the time it's just a truck rolling by anyways.

But mine do stay in their cases when not in use... makes it easier to keep them clean when they aren't covered with dust.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, never, nope. I’m worried about the big midwestern earthquake that’s overdue.
That's no joke! I'd kick the New Madrid Fault's ass if it ever messed with my R6!

BDW60

Reaction score
LOL...
Here in EQ country we just ignore it.
Half the time it's just a truck rolling by anyways.

But mine do stay in their cases when not in use... makes it easier to keep them clean when they aren't covered with dust.
About 15 years ago, I woke up with a start at 2 or 3 in the morning. It was short, but I was awake in time to feel the end of the jolt. It was a shock, and I felt like I heard something as well. Holy sh!t, I think that was an earthquake! My wife never even woke up. Next morning, get on the computer and sure enough we had one. It was tiny by your standards but when it has only happened to you once in your life, you remember it.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 15 years ago, I woke up with a start at 2 or 3 in the morning. It was short, but I was awake in time to feel the end of the jolt. It was a shock, and I felt like I heard something as well. Holy sh!t, I think that was an earthquake! My wife never even woke up. Next morning, get on the computer and sure enough we had one. It was tiny by your standards but when it has only happened to you once in your life, you remember it.
Tiny by our standards rattles the hell out of the midwest.

It's all in how the geography reflects and resonates the waves.
We lived maybe 8 miles from Whittier Narrows. We felt it, but it wasn't bad. No damage, nothing knocked off the walls. 5 miles away, major damage.
We lived on top of a rocky hill.
Northridge... maybe 50 miles away, shook the hell out of us. Fortunately, we were just moving in and didn't have a lot of stuff piled up or hung on the walls. Where are we now? In a valley on sediment... same as you guys.

Take a look at the historical "did you feel it" maps and see how much more widespread and more intense a comparable quake is there compared to here.
I would not want to be anywhere within 400 miles of New Madrid when it lets go.... and I live 10 or so miles from the San Andreas trace through Wrightwood.

Sct13

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have 9 hangars ....only one has a historic on it....(I keep one up on the wall to save on space) the other historic and the Custom Shop Tele reside on stands next to me.

On the other wall hangars I keep two basses, an old Harmony Jazzbox, a Danelectro, a Martin and a Tony Karol, and a Spanish guitar hand made in Spain.....(I forget the Maker)

There is a Hangar on the wall in the garage.....Its a holder for when I'm working on something outside....It currently holds up the Snow Shovel....

And one hanger was denied a spot by the wife....it resides in a box ....somewhere.....

Several hangars are driven into studs ....the ones that are not have good anchors, and will carry an acoustic....

So to answer your question ....only one is on the wall right now....If I get another it will rotate between rooms....

I don't like keeping too many guitars in one room ....

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Case only guy here. Only guitars I don’t have in their cases are cheapo ones that don’t have cases. Well, excluding the Epiphone Junior (bolt-on neck) I have hanging in my home pub as wall art. :beer: :cheers:

musicmaniac

Reaction score
I've got one floor stand for the guitar mood I'm in and the rest are in the cases.

integra evan

Reaction score
Although I don't have a historic currently, I do hang one of my guitars on the wall - right now my ES335 is on the wall.
I just really like the thread title and OP's username, lol.

EdmundGTP

Reaction score
There's probably $20K+ in guitars hanging off a wall in my music room at any given point. No issues. Only time I've ever damaged one was with using a floor stand. Now it's Hercules hangars and stands or nothing else for the Gibsons. The Fenders I just leave laying around on the floor.

Not srs..

Kinda srs..

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
I hang all of my guitars. I am down to one Les Paul currently, my 57’ RI, and my two USA Dean Hardtails, plus my Strat for USA made guitars.

Couldn’t get the whole photo uploaded, it was too big, had to cut out the Strat and the Alvarez Dana Scoop hanging below.

D8E045AA-99CA-4048-A604-2D5A2EF5228B.jpeg

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Sure do. These are all Custom Shop/Historic except for a couple of 70s Customs. The only problem I’ve had was caused by Gibson’s polishing compound. The compound they use is red, and unfortunately they leave a lot of residue of it on the finish - in the last pic you can see remnants of it on the top of my 74 Custom RI’s headstock, especially around the binding (I didn’t really think anything of it when I first got the guitar). Then one day I had an AC problem in the summer and the room got pretty warm and humid for a day. A couplr I noticed some pinkish discoloration on the headstock binding of my Customs (since they are the only guitars with headstock binding). Thankfully it only shows on the 3 that were up there at the time (I’ve since added), and it’s not that bad, but still very frustrating. I thought it was Hercules’ fault at first until another forum member here showed me his 57 Custom that had the exact same problem. So, not caused by the hangers, but the compound got rubbed into the finish where they touch the guitar due to weather. In the end it’s really Gibson’s fault. It’s just something to be aware of as a possibility. Hasn’t stopped me from hanging them, I just made sure to clean around the headstock well with Virtuoso.

37793600-D8D5-46A4-ACED-E0393807FEFD.jpeg
890845C4-27BB-48FC-BB6C-6ABB7BECFCD4.jpeg

FFC536AF-14E4-46D9-957E-75191E9B7446.jpeg

Latest Threads