How many A’s would you give this flame top?

peobryant

Reaction score
Hard to tell without seeing it in person. In my experience, Sweetwater's pictures don't really do the guitars justice and they end up looking much better and flamier in person. If it looks that good in a Sweetwater picture, it should look amazing in person.

Standard 64

Reaction score
AA alcoholics anonymous or AAA triple A car insurance?
They don't mix.

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
It looks AAA to me. I'm also sure that it's better in person. Being that it is flamed throughout from top to bottom and left to right usually means AAA. Generally AA has a patch or two without defined flaming or very subtle flaming.

Gitter

Reaction score
I agree with peobryant, it's hard to tell. Sweetwater doesn't do themselves any favors with the angles and lighting they use. You may get a better idea in the photo that is angled. That being said, I'd say that is a AA top. If you compare it to AAA tops on Sweetwater's website you can see the difference. Even Sweetwater can't wash out a AAA top. Just look at a Slash model or the Lemonburst that jstarr and I just bought. I will say that these new Standards have very nice tops, many close to AAA. My Unburst is close, so they do exist.

integra evan

Reaction score
"AAA"
I've been looking at the same guitar due to the incredibly low weight.
Looking at how deep the curls are, that top will really pop. Sweetwater lighting is harsh. There will be lots of movement in that top as the light shifts.

dscottyg

Reaction score
"AAA"
I've been looking at the same guitar due to the incredibly low weight.
Looking at how deep the curls are, that top will really pop. Sweetwater lighting is harsh. There will be lots of movement in that top as the light shifts.
Thanks. I ended up buying it, but there is another one on there 8 lbs. 15 oz. what are “curls?”

Latest Threads