How important is the word "Gibson" on your headstock.

Imperial

Reaction score
I currently own only Gibsons and Fenders. The "correct" logo on the headstock means that the guitar is an original design, from the original manufacturer, and that alone has some value for me. Especially when it's an old design like LP, Explorer or Strat.

Andrew1225

Reaction score
Very.
I would never get a non-Gibson Gibson type guitar.

Epiphone and Orville are the only exceptions.

Last edited:

angeldeville

Reaction score
I don’t care much for Epiphone versions or any copies of Gibsons.

A notable exception is the Epiphone Bonamossa Firebird, I wouldn’t trade it for a Gibson.

I have more than a few Gibsons but only one sometimes 2 are in my top 5.

Thundergod

Reaction score
For 25%? No. But for me it's more a thing about having a damaged guitar, nothing to do with the brand.

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
Holy Necrothread, Batman...but let's get into it because I love this topic

If they released a Gibson made offshore, with the same appointments (I understand it wouldn't be the same materials, but think Fender Mexico/Japan in terms of quality), I would seriously give it a go.

The main reason why I only have one American made Fender is that they decided long ago to make equivalent instruments overseas. I wanted a Telecaster and a Strat from the 70's, just like my Deluxes are, and Fender said, "I'll go you one better, here are new ones with the same appointments, made in Mexico".

Let's forget about the fact that the Norlin era was a bit chaotic, so I'll forgive Gibson for not making an EXACT 1976 copy of a Deluxe with the pancake body, 3 piece maple neck, and mini routes, but then they go and charge 7k for one and slap the Historic name on it? GTFO, I just paid 1500 for the real thing, 3 times (a couple years ago before the resale shitstorm started, but still)

Don't get me wrong, I'm American, I love American products. Paying a little more to get money directly into someone's pocket here appeals to me. But paying 7k for a 1500 product? Sheeeeeeeit, all my shit would be on the lawn, I kid you not.

Latest Threads