How important is Limited release to you

2009LPGT

Reaction score
Couldn't give a rat's ass. Rather have a "LE" than somebody's signature model. An LE signature is just plain scary to think about!

If it brings harmonic fullfillment and meaning to my life...then LE all the way baby!! :)

At the end of the day, I just want a good Les Paul to make music on. Beyond that is just noise.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
My LP Junior John Lennon is limited run (#2 of 300) and is of extreme quality. You bet I paid for it, but that floats my boat.

MyJuniorRocks

Reaction score
I bought mine because I wanted that colour. (AFD). its different.
Ltd? maybe, maybe not.
In my lifetime the guitar will increase in value.
whether or not it will be collectable, who knows.
I have my share of collectable and old guitars.
I bought my AFD knowing I could move it on again, if I didn't like it.
It's the best sounding L/P I have in my collection. (for what I do. Which is blues/rock classic rock and 80's hair band rock, down the pub)

Androo

Reaction score
I won't sell my Slash Sig if I found out they made more than 1600 (that's what Gibson said) since I'm in love with it. But when people ask me what model it is, I usually mention that only 1600 where made worldwide (probably more....).

In the end, its a brilliant guitar and that's that.

stinkfoot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
How important is it to you guys, that it is a limited release. Not specific to the AFD, just in general?

well.. being that for most of my life I've been a broke assed mo-fo so when I get a guitar I get it because I like it and I want to play it..

buying a guitar for the sake of buying it to have in a collection has never really crossed my mind.

to me, if they made 1million or only 1 it does not matter.

White94RX

Reaction score
I really don't care too much about limited editions, or limited quantities. What I want is a high quality, great sounding guitar that I believe is worth what I paid for it. I would not pay a premium for a limited edition unless it was really a much higher quality product and therefore justified the additional cost.

dspelman

Reaction score
Limited edition?

So NOT important to me. Gibson, over the last few years, has been making a big deal out of "limited edition" and Guitar of the Week (only 400!), etc., but I see this as not much more than a blatant pandering to the excess-money collector types who might worry that there's an LP they haven't packed into the vault yet. Not my thing.

Big Mark

Reaction score
Great comment so far guys. Real glad that so far most people don't give a stuff about ltd editions as lol as we are not lied to and we get what we considder to be value.

Kirk2000

Reaction score
"Limited Edition" not important at all, quality is, sound is, look are.. The only limit is the amount Gibson USA can produce in calendar year 2010, then it's the "2011 Limited Edition Slash AFD Guitar" KIRK

marc1kim

Reaction score
Limited or not, I dig the finish of the AFD lester...just don't see myself buying one at this point.
I only have one sig guitar, my BJA Junior. I bought it cuz I was jonsing for another Junior, after regretfuly selling my 01 JR. The sig had nothing in influencing my descion, It was a quality guitar at the right price, so I jumped on it.

ehamady6

Reaction score
Limited release means nothing to me except that I wouldn't want one. I'd be so careful with it that I likely wouldn't play the hell out of it.

MeatloafTheDestroyer

Reaction score
It would be kind of neat to have a guitar that you aren't going to see every day, but it doesn't matter THAT much. It's a bonus, if you catch it.

I would like the idea of Guitar of the month, as long as they're doing things like possibly reissuing unusual years, and keeping prices at about standard levels.

Custom53

Reaction score
Evening (or morning) all

The latest issues surrounding the AFD have put a question in my head that I thought I would ask
How important is it to you guys, that it is a limited release. Not specific to the AFD, just in general?

I know from my point of view, they will be pulling my AFD out of my cold dead hands, don't care if they produce 5000.

Would you return or not buy a great playing guitar because the initial release quantity was exceeded?

Is it a question of collector vs player?

and no offence intended to anyone, your choice is right for you and thats all that matters

It makes absolutly no difference to me. But, I'm not a collector. I play mine...

MJH

Reaction score
I bought the AFD, and the production number had nothing to do with me wanting to buy it. However, marketing it as limited (only 40 to UK) did make me preorder and buy it before even seeing it, which I wouldn't have done if it was a regular edition.

Having said that, whatever the number produced is, it doesn't seem like you can buy them from anywhere in the UK at least at the moment. Whether that changes sometime in the future or not, doesn't bother me.

dewie1975

Reaction score
Limited Release means nothing to me, other than an initial offering price which is usually overly inflated based on the "limited release" marketing ploy. If you buy a guitar based on the concept of flipping it for profit you're a moron and Ive got some junk bonds I'd like to sell you too!

Big Mark

Reaction score
MJH, don't think you'll see many more making it to the UK. Totally agree with your post!
Dewie, PMSL! Can I see them some chocolate teapots to them after you off load your bonds ;)

Latest Threads