How hard is it to get 50's wiring from Modern?

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
So my Studio has the modern wiring with no PCB and I have nothing to do and would really like a 50's wiring I got the diagram online here

Gibson Wiring Diagrams - Wiring Library - Schematics

What I'm interested in knowing is how hard is it to do and what do I have to move, Im just a little nervous that I'm gonna mess something up inside!

So help me out and reassure me a little bit before my first endeavor with soldering, beyond repairing broken solder joints.

dennistruckdriver

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you have a wiring diagram and a soldering iron, all you need is nerve. Good luck!

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
If you have a wiring diagram and a soldering iron, all you need is nerve. Good luck!

Thanks Dennis, I'm gonna take the dive and start out on this with my grandfather. I'm pretty sure that if I mess up the soldering it wont destroy anything and the diagrams seem pretty clear.:dude:

asher67

Reaction score
Take your time, clear a space, and make sure that you have something to protect your guitar from the iron and dripping solder (such as towels). Good luck.

loneguitar

Reaction score
Always best to draw a diagram of the wiring BEFORE you do mods, this way if you get confused there is a layout of what you had to begin with.

wedgey

Reaction score
What Loneguitar said , and a nice close up photo/s (take many, many from different angles)

Latest Threads