How does Epiphone do it?

bungle

Reaction score
Pretty nice! New headstock as well.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I really, truly don't like you guys! Now I have another guitar on order...

These are in stock at Guitar Center with 48 months 0% financing!

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are $1149 in Canada, but not in stock yet. Very tempting, but nah, too many pickups :D And maybe a bit too weighty.

Now if it was one piece of mahogany, with a bore hole from jack to toggle, I'd want one for sure.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Those are $1149 in Canada, but not in stock yet. Very tempting, but nah, too many pickups :D And maybe a bit too weighty.

Now if it was one piece of mahogany, with a bore hole from jack to toggle, I'd want one for sure.
Joe say's they are not heavy...

Hogie34

Reaction score
I think Epiphone is a great value for the money guitar. This guitar is no exception. It’s gorgeous. The only complaint I have about Epiphone Les Pauls, is the fact that they don’t use the same dimensions for the space between bridge pickup to the bridge that Gibson does. That is the big tonal difference in my experience between the two and I can hear it immediately, even with Gibson USA pickups in the Epi.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
That guitar is total bad ass, had to get one since I've wanted a BB for years and this one is a no brainer to me.

jvin248

Reaction score

And ... absolutely no headstock drama like on the weak Gibson models!

cerasgrgag

Reaction score
Literally every demonstration is avoiding the middle pickup position or even discussing it. Strange.

BKS

Reaction score
Damn love it but i already have a 2005 fretless wonder /BB3.... But this headstock is much nicer looking :hmm:

cerasgrgag

Reaction score
I guess they move to Chinese manufacturing to squeeze a few hundred dollars out of each model. Considering they have basically copied the entire Gibson line and vamped the top end means they are definitely getting a lot more out of it than they did in Korea.

JMP

Reaction score
Epiphone makes fantastic guitars. Huge value. I dig it!

Reactions: Who

musicmaniac

Reaction score
The only complaint I have about Epiphone Les Pauls, is the fact that they don’t use the same dimensions for the pickups to the bridge that Gibson does. That is the big tonal difference in my experience between the two and I can hear it immediately, even with Gibson USA pickups in the Epi.
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by this statement?

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by this statement?
He is implying that on an Epiphone, the distance from bridge to bridge pickup is different than on a Gibson. If true, it would make the tone in the Bridge and middle position different, even with the same pickups.

Latest Threads