How do you store your LP

lpfan1980

Reaction score
My Gibson and Fender US Strat lay on an unused easy chair stool in comfort with my roomies old ski mitt balancing the neck of my LP :rofl: so I can see how lucky i am to own 2 gorgeous fiddles.My other guitars get the stand treatment or rest in their cases. I'll take a pic later.

Roxy13

Reaction score
She's a real shredder now, is she?
It's the male kitty who plays them. His sister is content just to listen. I think initially it was an accident. He just saw the strings and wanted to play with them. But, when he plucked the first one and got a musical note he was surprised, but also very interested in continuing. And now he's like obsessed :rofl:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
My Gibson and Fender US Strat lay on an unused easy chair stool in comfort with my roomies old ski mitt balancing the neck of my LP :rofl: so I can see how lucky i am to own 2 gorgeous fiddles.My other guitars get the stand treatment or rest in their cases. I'll take a pic later.
Cant get laptop to take pics of em laying down But here is Goldie my 2012 Fender Stratocaster and Weezie my 2006 Gibson Les Paul GT

Attachments

Ripgut

Reaction score
I keep mine AmazonBasics A Frame stands. I read on here somewhere about using bicycle cloth tape to protect the finish (just in case) so I did it to mine. I wrapped the bottom parts and then cut out a trapezoid piece to match the rubber where the back of the guitar hits the stand.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a klutz and afraid I will break one so...in the case once done with it.

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
All of my Gibsons live in cases, exception being the CM as it never came with a case / I can't find one for it, so it lives in one of those brown Gibson deluxe gig bags, which is quite nice actually!

Some of my other guitars live in gig bags, usually the quality of the gig bag correlates to the cost of the guitar...

alankelly

Reaction score
I keep mine in the case, mostly because I have an irrational fear of the headstock breaking, and not being able to afford to get it fixed, or replaced (the guitar). What I don't really know about (and need to research) is keeping the humidity level at an ideal spot that's both good for me and the guitar.

Last edited:

vonasemj

Reaction score
Mostly wall hangers for me. The acoustic stays in its case with a humidifier, and I don’t have enough hangers for one guitar, so that one also goes in a case. Guitars look too good to not display them.

redduke

Reaction score
I have a Gretsch White Falcon and found the gold hardware tarnishing. I was on a forum about this and a Gretsch chap joined in and his/her recommendation was to not leave any instruments in a case for too long as the chemicals in the case linings can cause tarnishing similar to oxidisation and they were not designed to stay in a case for long periods of time. Well I had tarnishing problems with a Stelling banjo (nickel finished hardware) and the case it came in had very strong chemical odours. Anyway, after having given it a good clean up I left both the Gretsch and the Stelling out of their cases. The tarnishing hasn't come back. Not exactly a base line scientific test but was enough to make me check all my guitars and those with some tarnishing I took out of their cases.

Last edited:

Tinpan

Reaction score
I have some out in my studio - both temperature and humidity are controlled in that room. The big thing is humidity - guitars are happiest when they can be kept around 48% humidity.....especially acoustics. The other thing is dust....if you keep them out you will need to wipe them down with a good guitar polish. I use Gibson polish....it lasts and smells like Gibson. One of the best things you can do is get a decent humidifier for the room where your guitars are kept. Enjoy the new guitar.

Latest Threads