How do you handle sales people...

toymaker

Reaction score
Ask if they’ve heard the good word and tell them you have some pamphlets and the latest issue of Watchtower for them and would like to discuss how they plan on spending eternity...that should clear them out.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I know that salespeople are just trying to make a living , so I have no interest in giving them a hard time . I let them know that immediately , and inform them that they would be wasting time on me . they almost always give up too easily __ but I guess it's the way that I present myself

we invited the Mormon boys in for lunch last summer . it was a very hot day , and they were in suits and ties sweating their holy marbles off . they were grateful , and we talked about non-Mormon stuff

now a Witness comes to the door ? . I have a fool proof method for getting rid of them . I start to undress right in front of them . works every . single . time :sadwave:

Stevie 202

Reaction score
I don't deal well with people knocking on my door to sell me shit. I sell cars, I don't knock on their door with the new Ford brochures. I have no sympathy for them. I rarely talk religion or politics with my best of friends, let alone complete strangers, and these days, you never know WHAT someone's actual M.O. is. F#ck em'

One way of lookin at it I guess...

:laugh2:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I wrote my reply before I read these. You guys handled it much better than I did. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

They were really good kids. Once I explained my views and wouldn't accept proselytizing, they were good. One of them had been to Asia on missionary work, and we swapped travel stories.

They were clearly uncomfortable with gig tales, though. :)

BangoFan

Reaction score
Theynever get into my yard.
20170525_190602-1.jpg

pnuggett

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, give me a minute to turn off the stove. I'll be right back. Close door. Go back to whatever you were doing.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
At home when i open the door i just yell OH Thank you God i've been so lonely since the last one got away, please come in !!!! Can i get you some Lotion ??

parts

Reaction score
My front door is three steps up from entry short way..on purpose..

Shove 10" salami in your sweats..no shirt..
Listen a minute..
"You gots a purdy mouff"

Done..

..or the salami gets a work out..

bgh

Reaction score
Most of the time I ask for their personal address (or phone number if it's by phone).
They get puzzled so I say:
"Because when you least expect it, I too would like to come to your property an annoy you,
unannounced, unprofessional and pushy. So what's the address?"

Usually they leave.
I really like this response.

it reminds me of the story I heard (don't know for sure if it is true or not, but it does make the point) of a fellow who was getting marketing calls from some business. Somehow, he chanced upon the phone number of the CEO. Then, when he would get a marketing call, he would immediately call the CEO - even if the call was late at night. The calls stopped very quickly.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am having an issue right now.... being a salesman I am constantly being recruited to sell everything... the newest is the THRIVE stuff. 3 or 4 of my friends are constantly on Facebook pushing it and they keep trying to get me "involved" with it. I have looked into it and I have zero interest. I have tried to politely decline but they keep asking. I wantbto tell em I have researched it, its a complete scam, there is zero clinical proof that it works. And I hate the businesses that their main goal is to hire more people.........

from 30 years in direct sales I will offer you guys some advice. If you are approached by a company for a part time job in direct selling, there are a couple of things to look for. #1 is the focus on the product sales or on recruiting new people. If it is a good sellable product that you can make good money selling and EXTRA money by receuiting then look into it further. If their focus is on hiring and BTW we have a product , run......... #2 ask how many people they know personally making a living at it. If they start telling you about the guy in Bermuda who cashes his million dollar a week checks run.........#3 in their advertisement if you see the word SYNERGISTIC or any form thereof......run lol.
True. What you describe sounds exactly like Amway - remember them? It was just a big pyramid scheme. Except for the "owners" at the very top, no one got rich off it.

Latest Threads