How Do you guys arrange your guitar stashes?

skysmash

Reaction score
Oh and in answer to where I stash my guitars;
On the wall, in cases, on stands, in a pile, pretty much wherever they end up.

crapthatsloud

Reaction score
I have them three in a row on stands. My fenders are just the small tripod-style stands. The Paul is on a more expensive stand with neck support. I'm in a band but I like having my guitars close at hand for when inspiration strikes. :)

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Beware of the wall hangers, some will scrape the varnish off the sides of the headstock. Yeah, I know, it's gonna start a debate about "real" guitarists, do they care if the headstock gets damaged by a wall hanger? ...

thexmadxtopxhatter

Reaction score
261-Warwick-Rockstand-3-Space-Guitar-Rack__65617_zoom.jpg

Warwick rock stand... Holds my les paul (with a cloth between foam and nitro finish), my ovation acoustic, and whoever's instrument I'm working on at the moment. (a vintage pbass wiring job and cleanup). Folds up nice If i need to bring it anywhere, its strong, can hold an electric, acoustic, and a bass, and its compact. Pretty good in my opinion!

180gROC

Reaction score
I like to play pick up stix with them. I gather them all up and let them fall all over each other, and whichever one I can pull out without moving any of the others I play.

smorgdonkey

Reaction score
I do have my cases marked each with a piece of paper taped to it but I don't leave my guitars in the cases:
racks1.jpg

Very simply: you'll play them more if they are right there. I realize that some people have 'other factors' which can damage their guitars and they can't leave them out - I pity those people!!:D

brokenarrow5

Reaction score
put a piece of duct tape on every case for each guitar and write on the duct tape----
your welcome--

Reaction score
Kinda makes ya wonder how you stack all the cases. LOL

zontar

Reaction score
Mine have different cases, other than my 12 string & AF95--but they were bought many years apart and the 12 string cases looks older.

Maybe in 10 or 20 years I'll confuse them.
But for now--no problems.

THDNUT

Reaction score
Kinda makes ya wonder how you stack all the cases. LOL
All my cases fill up one closet in my 3rd bedroom. They're elevated about 15" above the floor on shelving I built in case my house gets flooded. I did this after a friend of mine came home one day from work and found 3" of water in his house from a broken water pipe. Granted, if my house floods more than 15" I'm screwed but I have replacement value insurance on all the items in the house. :)

scottyk

Reaction score
I have Hercules wall hangers. Just drilled into the drywall and used the supplied plugs and hardware. They have been just fine. I check them periodically to see if they are pulling away from the wall but have had no issues. One of them is taking the weight of a an Epi Thunderbird Goth Bass.
No problems. Make sure you follow the directions and install them properly and you should have no issues.

HERCULES!:thumb:
Earthquake proof, I've used them to hang my gits on my drywall for years and have complete confidence in them.

marc1kim

Reaction score
at the moment I only have two guitars, my les paul Junior and a P-style bass so Its really hard to get the two confused

JOC

Reaction score
I have 5 Les Pauls, 4 Custom Shop that have identical cases. I use a tag with a string attached to the handle to identify which one it is.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
261-Warwick-Rockstand-3-Space-Guitar-Rack__65617_zoom.jpg

Warwick rock stand... Holds my les paul (with a cloth between foam and nitro finish), my ovation acoustic, and whoever's instrument I'm working on at the moment. (a vintage pbass wiring job and cleanup). Folds up nice If i need to bring it anywhere, its strong, can hold an electric, acoustic, and a bass, and its compact. Pretty good in my opinion!

With a cloth between foam and nitro finish???
You must not be one of the real guitarists.
You are not a musician!
Shame on you!

martin H

Reaction score
I tried to do the case thing, but it just turned out to be too inconvenient in a small home studio. I went back to hanging them on the wall
studio1.jpg

Latest Threads