How did you save for your Les Paul(s)?

dspelman

Reaction score
Where does it go then? 1% is still better than 0% then losing it in a house fire when its stuffed in your mattress, no?

This is pretty off-topic, but there are a lot of places where money can go to live that will get you more return, some with no risk at all. Most banks offer fixed, indexed and variable annuities that are long-term vehicles for growth, but you're better off with a good professional financial advisor to explain the intricacies of those to you. Most 401(k) plans offer various mutual funds (though you can lose everything in a market downturn). There are permanent insurance policies, including fixed, indexed and variable, where you can stuff the money longer term. There are managed asset funds, some of which have been averaging 13-14% with relatively low risk, but those require that you stuff considerably more than LP money into them.

Bear in mind that most banks are only required to have assets amounting to 10% (sometimes less) of what you put in, while most insurance companies have to maintain assets of multiples of what you have invested. Your deposits in a bank with FDIC guarantees are not backed by the government, but by an insurance corporation (Federal Deposit insurance Corporation).

nutsauce

Reaction score
I was a drummer in bands for many years before moving to guitar, so I came to the guitar world much later in life than many. Before buying my first guitar my main hobby was motocross racing. I got into guitar when I quit racing. The money I saved from not racing and the money I got for selling my 3 race bikes and trailer bought a lot of guitars. That's where I started and then just did some selling and trading to finance the rest.

Latest Threads