2021 was a wild year and its still in progress!
What did you do this year to improve your rig or tone? Did you get a new guitar that brings out your playing in new ways? Did you find an amp or pedal that expanded/improved your sound? Did you dedicate more time to practicing or taking lessons?
For me, a few improvements
- 2018 white sg standard - love this thing, plays so well and helped me get over my fear of slim taper necks - love the 57 classics
- 2012 goldtop custom classic - this thing makes me feel like a fancy bitch, somehow just feels cooler than my 50s goldtop standard - love the 57 classics
- 2021 captain kirk sg - first 3 pup gison - plays better than it looks (and its damn pretty)
- Marshall sv20 head - i think enough has been said about this amp and its amazing. The sound and feel is all there - upgraded from the marshall origin 20 head and well worth the upgrade
- Fender 65 deluxe - one of the essential fender amps and the fender cleans - this plus a les paul and a tube screamer are pretty much all you need in life
- Xotic SL Drive - pretty much nails the super lead sound for the few amps ive tried it on - awesome pedal in a small package if youre into that sound
- Klon KTR - after wasting time, energy and money on clones, i pony'd up and got the real deal. Worth it.
- Bugera PS1 Attenuator - not technically a pedal but this thing is great, especially for the price! Allows me to tame these beasts without sacrificing much
I agree. I do not look to equipment to improve my playing, really, but running everything through a Klon makes it more possible to produce a great, musical sound that is still expressively your own. My own improvement this year was to not change my rig, to remove a few pedals, and to concentrate on using my touch and guitar knobs to evoke tone.Klon KTR - after wasting time, energy and money on clones, i pony'd up and got the real deal. Worth it.