How dark is a 60th Kindred?

jeggz

Reaction score
It seems all the pictures I see are all over the place from dark red to brown to black.

danzego

Reaction score
The CME Kindreds are a different color altogether, especially in the middle.

A regular Kindred (non-CME) will have a darker rim color, very close to a current Gibson USA Tobacco Burst. You can see it’s brown up close, but from several steps back, it looks almost black. The rim on a CME has more red in it (as PageSide mentioned).

The middle of each....a regular kindred is more gold. I had a gloss one earlier this year and it was a high sheen gold. VOS quells this somewhat. Either way, on those, what you see in pictures is NOT what you typically see in person. The CME’s are more of a sandy color in the middle.

Between the two, I think the CMEs are nicer, but mainly due to that ick gold sheen the regular Gibson ones have. Some people may like it and, damn, they look great in pictures, but I hated it in person (particular when it turned green when seeing it in sunlight). I’m not 100% sure if it’s just because of the gloss finish. I recall seeing a VOS one and wasn’t as struck by that, but it may have been the room lighting.

PageSide84

Reaction score
The CME Kindreds are a different color altogether, especially in the middle.

A regular Kindred (non-CME) will have a darker rim color, very close to a current Gibson USA Tobacco Burst. You can see it’s brown up close, but from several steps back, it looks almost black. The rim on a CME has more red in it (as PageSide mentioned).

The middle of each....a regular kindred is more gold. I had a gloss one earlier this year and it was a high sheen gold. VOS quells this somewhat. Either way, on those, what you see in pictures is NOT what you typically see in person. The CME’s are more of a sandy color in the middle.

Between the two, I think the CMEs are nicer, but mainly due to that ick gold sheen the regular Gibson ones have. Some people may like it and, damn, they look great in pictures, but I hated it in person (particular when it turned green when seeing it in sunlight). I’m not 100% sure if it’s just because of the gloss finish. I recall seeing a VOS one and wasn’t as struck by that, but it may have been the room lighting.

I definitely prefer the CME Kindreds (especially the fades). The normal ones are kind of ugly. Then again, I may be biased because I own one.

danzego

Reaction score
I definitely prefer the CME Kindreds (especially the fades). The normal ones are kind of ugly. Then again, I may be biased because I own one.
I’ve had both for a short time each (CME got returned due to cracks in the finish and the regular one had workmanship issues on the fretboard, amongst other things) and I agree with ya: CME definitely has a nicer looking Kindred.

Latest Threads