How Carvin makes fretboards

straybeat

Reaction score
Howdy to my other machining brothers and sisters out there. Jeff, the owner of Carvin, just put up a new vid. It's pretty cool;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95u0n2VZLiI[/ame]

old mark

Reaction score
I had an '80's Carvin, double cutaway single humbucker pointy head guitar with the best ebony fingerboard I have ever played...still not sure why I sold it.

jonas335

Reaction score
My kid, well, he's in his 30's now, had Carvin build him a custom hollow tele with 2 HBs, a piezo bridge, a synth set-up and a custom-sized neck a few years ago. It is an amazingly well-made guitar, better quality than my Gibsons or PRSs. I think it cost him about $1200...

dennis g

Reaction score
I had an '80's Carvin, double cutaway single humbucker pointy head guitar with the best ebony fingerboard I have ever played...still not sure why I sold it.
My CT6 with ebony fretboard and MoP inlays. Great guitar.

cmh6122

Reaction score
I have a Carvin, and could upgrade the electronics and hardware to the heights of cork-sniffery for considerably less than it would have cost me to get a LP from Gibson with anything approaching the quality of wood it is made of.

Hell, I could probably even get a first-rate nitro refinish if I really thought it would improve the soul of the guitar, and still be ahead.

straybeat

Reaction score
My kid, well, he's in his 30's now, had Carvin build him a custom hollow tele with 2 HBs, a piezo bridge, a synth set-up and a custom-sized neck a few years ago. It is an amazingly well-made guitar, better quality than my Gibsons or PRSs. I think it cost him about $1200...
I still have my 1981 DC150. Best guitar I ever owned! Jeff keeps trying to swap me a new one for it, but he won't get off the money. :laugh2:

straybeat

Reaction score
I have a Carvin, and could upgrade the electronics and hardware to the heights of cork-sniffery for considerably less than it would have cost me to get a LP from Gibson with anything approaching the quality of wood it is made of.

Hell, I could probably even get a first-rate nitro refinish if I really thought it would improve the soul of the guitar, and still be ahead.
I keep trying to get Jeff to swap me for the LP model, the California something, but the ideal one I want comes to $1980 and "stripped down" one comes to $1680. He politely said no. Dammit. :laugh2: