How can I open my case, lock doesn’t work, number unknown

Herr Dalbergia

Reaction score
D2E24314-BAAA-49C1-B793-AA80AC3CBABC.jpeg

jamman

Reaction score
OP , I Didn't read all the posts so if it' already been said , sorry .
The piece of paper in the 1st page Video does nothing more then make it easier on you hand ... That's it ....
In short you're pulling on the mechanism (each wheel) to feel it "give" a little .
Part of this type method is training your fingers for sensitivity . The more you do it ,the easier it becomes .... Patients is KEY to use this method

There is faster way to get into a lock like his . But , having the correct tool/tools(sometimes you make what you need) is key (nice pun , but not intended) . I will give you a hint . You by-pass the wheels completely.
Think out-side the box

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
OP , I Didn't read all the posts so if it' already been said , sorry .
The piece of paper in the 1st page Video does nothing more then make it easier on you hand ... That's it ....

If you"d ever done it, you'd know this is false.
I don't know why, but the piece of paper works. I thought it would interfere with being able to feel it, but it isn't so.
BTW, I've been a bicycle mechanic and have popped dozens of bike locks where the owners have lost/forgotten/never knew the combination. I also have a lock in my home that is too easy to reset when open and I've had to pick it 2-3x/week.

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
Congrats on opening the case.
Eventually you can be pissed off again when the pieceofshit soft handle disintegrates.
When I needed a giggable case for my 65 Firebird III, I found a Custom Shop one with a real handle. Otherwise I'd have gone with Epiphone.

I Break Things

Reaction score
I'd have taken it to the backyard and put a 12 gauge slug through the latch at this point, but that's just me.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be rude.... be a credit to your momma for her upbringing!:squint:

er.... nevermind!

:rofl:
By just the shape of the case i knew it wasn't a Les Paul, a V, or an Explorer ....it had to be a Firebird, which i don't care for :D though i must admit i wasn't confident to say that up front. And I thought it was kind of rude to stretch this out for three days and not mention what it was.:( My feelings and emotions being played with like that...........:rofl:if i had any.

Latest Threads