How about a mini Les Paul thread?

pbekkerh

Reaction score
I saw a Stuntman mini Les Paul but haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere. maybe some of the bright heads here know more?
The label was a cheap sticker/decal so it might just be the importers name.
It says Gibson on the the trussrod cover.

I did find the Epiphone Pee Wee, which I think is out of proportion and I will see a Falcon mini LP on Sunday.
I'll post some pictures later, when I have them.

This is the Stuntman

KRaZeE

Reaction score
I'd love to find a well made mini to keep under my desk at work. The Epi PeeWees and the Squier Minis just don't seem to cut it, and the way my desk area is situated, I can't fit anything full sized under there. Can't wait to see more pics. :thumb:

61LPSG

Reaction score
I'd love to find a well made mini to keep under my desk at work. The Epi PeeWees and the Squier Minis just don't seem to cut it, and the way my desk area is situated, I can't fit anything full sized under there. Can't wait to see more pics. :thumb:
I've been looking for something like that too. I want it to take along in my camper...limited real estate. I was thinking of doing some research on dimensions and building one that I could pass on to my grand-daughter later.
I agree that the Epi is just not quite what I want. If money was no object I would like one of Frank's Octave guitars, they are super sweet.

KRaZeE, we're almost neighbors. I live in Etters. :wave:

skysc

Reaction score
Interesting thread ,

hope it wont die ,

i love mini guitar for travel and mess around .

i had a modded squier mini with a tom dleonge look ( 1 humbucker ) configuaration . it was heavely modded and sound perfect .

i regret selling it .

im looking for a children size guitar . something more in the les paul range .

the only one i played was the JAY turser mini paul a few years ago .

its a 24,75 scale but with a small body .

they seem to make 22 inch scale as well

Jay Turser JRP-24 Mini Electric Guitar Pack

i also had a rare fender strat junior ( not squier mini ) . was a nice guitar overall .

with new tuner , decent string gauge ( .48 or .52 ) and a few modded .. the squier mini is a fun guitar .

Olds442

Reaction score
I wasn't familar with that term, I've only ever heard these guitars mentioned as Les Pauls (i.e. Les Paul type)
talk like that will get you bant. :naughty:

there was a whole fuss when big G put the hammer down on alex and the MLP over the use of "les paul" because their copyright for the name of a guy that played them once holds as a model or some such crap.

i dunno, don't care much either.

just be careful. bring a kitten. ;)

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the big G has no legal authority over what the users of this site post on it (as opposed to how its operators name the forums). I sure do love my Tokai Les Pauls!

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the big G has no legal authority over what the users of this site post on it (as opposed to how its operators name the forums).....
If I'd agree with you, we'd both be wrong....

did you notice the change at most of the big retailers...?

ST-models, T-models, Single-Cut models, Double-Cut models....

Electric Guitars - Thomann UK

pbekkerh

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the big G has no legal authority over what the users of this site post on it (as opposed to how its operators name the forums). I sure do love my Tokai Les Pauls!
Its rather silly that Gibson/Epiphone have been so successful with the Les Paul that its become a de facto standard name for this kind of guitar and then they protest!!??
I'm sure that they can do nothing about changing peoples language and for most guitar players, this kind of guitar is a Les Paul

Other companies love it when their product name becomes THE name for a whole product.

The Martini company has succeeded in making people order a "martini" instead of just a vermouth.
In my country people order a Pernod, which is just one of many makers of pastis, instead of just a pastis.

Olds442

Reaction score
did Les (the man, the legend) give them the exclusive rights to his name?

that's the thing that rubs me wrong, he was a man. only after he passes do they start thinking they own the man's name.

doubt they would have pulled that stunt when he was alive.

what would Les think? i have to wonder.

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I...I mean "Santa"...bought...I mean "gave" my daughter a Stunt Man mini LP for Christmas about 10 years ago. It's actually a decent little guitar, especially compared to the Epiphone PeeWee, which is an absolute piece of junk. If I can put my hands on the Stunt Man without having to dig too deeply into my guitar storage room, I'll take some pics, and take some measurements for you, if you like.

I also have two of the Edwards minis that you referenced above, although both of mine are black Customs. These are also pretty decent guitars, but are no longer being made, as far as I know. But I believe they've been replaced by these ESP Grass Roots Mini LPs, which look identical to me: ESP Grass Roots GR LP 30s M Mini LP Cherry Guitar New | eBay

Frank

Latest Threads