Houston Traffic Cops Arrested Her?

V Man

Reaction score
Blinking your lights to warn other drivers of a speed trap was already judged to be protected speech last month, She gets a walk if she cites it.

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
More dumb cops. See 'em every day.
Hopefully the police forces nationwide get reformed and actually start hiring decent workers.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Blinking your lights to warn other drivers of a speed trap was already judged to be protected speech last month, She gets a walk if she cites it.

That was just a mid level Florida court. Persuasive precedent only - not binding in Texas.

OK - now I'm out.

Blackegg

Reaction score
What if the sign had read simply "Police ahead"? It isn't against the law to point out that LEO are in the vicinity.
That would've be a smarter route to take...

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good times. One thing I've always liked about Dice, even before he got his degree, was the fact that he has the good sense to make a reasoned argument, and the good sense to see the other guy's side.

patrolled.jpg

Out here in California, police can arrest you for all kinds of BS that pisses the DA off, and results in "Dismissal to avoid lawsuit". :thumb:

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That is only a part of the reason. Violation of any law carries a penalty as a means of deterrence. Speeders are entitled to tickets, which carry consequences, which are a deterrent.

I used to speed my ass off when I was a kid. Got tickets. Didn't like increased insurance rates. And now, I don't speed.

I'm entitled to something. Lovely.

BillB1960

Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer, but if I was, I'd try to hit up the defense in para. b) for all I was worth.

That would be an excellent defense if they were actually charging her with hindering but they're charging her with a bullshit charge and as you said in an earlier post the message is "STFU" which she evidently heard loud & clear.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Sounds to me like she's helping people break the law.

I agree. She's a smart ass. Its one thing to flip your lights to warn others, its another to waltz up and down the street obstructing officers from doing their jobs. Sorry......but if you look for trouble don't be surprised if you find it. :cool:

Jessenoah

Reaction score
Don't you guys know, police are organized crime rings...

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
That would be an excellent defense if they were actually charging her with hindering but they're charging her with a bullshit charge and as you said in an earlier post the message is "STFU" which she evidently heard loud & clear.

She should get a couple of witnesses to say that they never saw her in the street, if she never left the sidewalk. Perhaps a public notice in the local paper?

And then, if she wanted to be a Zen-Master Troll, she would repeat the behavior, taking care to stay fully on the sidewalk, as she has a friend record any harassment that might happen.

Rankelson

Reaction score
An insidious Police State is evolving in The U.S.A

Mule Train

Reaction score
They are tax collectors. To serve and protect Houston politicians. Way to go girl. Question authority. Shed light on these nasty greedy highway thieves.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
I read the article first and was on her side. But then I saw the video, realized she's a dirty hipster on a bike that was just wanting to **** with the police, and changed my mind.

Latest Threads