Hospitals.....

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
the place where you need the most rest and can’t get any. This blows. Lol

I have a history of heart issues. Keep myself in great shape, but.....genes man.

Finished my 3.1 mike run that I do on a lot of my lunch hours, and got back to work. No issues on the run itself.....28:30...about right. Get back to work and I’m like...goddamn my hearts beating fast. My resting heart rate is usually about 54. Did a self check and figured it was about 130 bpm. It also felt irregular. I drove myself in to the ER.

Sooo. Here I sit, lay, stand, fahk! All blood work came back normal, so no heart attack. They are keeping me overnight for observation due to my history, and the fact that while they got it down to about 90 bpm, it’s still fast and somewhat irregular.

I had a mitral valve repaired with my own tissue when I was 7. They want to look at that tomorrow.....Well....later today now.

Most of the nurses are hot, so that’s a plus, but other than that....ughhhhh. Can’t wait to GTFO!

Roberteaux

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A malfing heart is nothing to fool with. I know it sucks, but you're best off where you are now... for the moment, anyway.

Glad to hear that at least you didn't suffer an attack.

Hope they bounce you outta there quick-- and with a clean bill of health to boot.

--R :thumb:

redjunior

Ooooh, the colors....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take it easy, man... Heart sh*t ain't cool.. Glad the Doc's are on top of it... Least there's wifi, right?.

The General

Reaction score
Damn, hope you feel better soon. Just take your time, no need to rush home. Let me know if you need anything.

BKS

Reaction score
Yikes, hope all is well and you feel better soon. No fun having engine problems.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Yep. If you’ve got heart queries, hospital is the best place to be!

But I agree it’s damn funny how impossible it is to get any rest at a hospital...

I honestly suspect that nurses, docs, orderlies, etc come in and disturb you every 15-30 mins just because they can!!1

Keep well.

Cheers

smk506

Reaction score
Good on you for monitoring your body and recognizing the signs, then actually acting on them. Hopefully a fluke event that self corrects itself while you pretend to get some rest.

Heart stuff is definitely no joke, but you know that. I'm glad you're doing a bit better now, hopefully a full recovery is in the works.

Rando375

Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope the diagnosis is best case possible for you.
Just ensure that once the treatment plan is recommended, you follow it to a T.
Best of luck to you

Frogfur

Reaction score
the place where you need the most rest and can’t get any. This blows. Lol

I have a history of heart issues. Keep myself in great shape, but.....genes man.

Finished my 3.1 mike run that I do on a lot of my lunch hours, and got back to work. No issues on the run itself.....28:30...about right. Get back to work and I’m like...goddamn my hearts beating fast. My resting heart rate is usually about 54. Did a self check and figured it was about 130 bpm. It also felt irregular. I drove myself in to the ER.

Sooo. Here I sit, lay, stand, fahk! All blood work came back normal, so no heart attack. They are keeping me overnight for observation due to my history, and the fact that while they got it down to about 90 bpm, it’s still fast and somewhat irregular.

I had a mitral valve repaired with my own tissue when I was 7. They want to look at that tomorrow.....Well....later today now.

Most of the nurses are hot, so that’s a plus, but other than that....ughhhhh. Can’t wait to GTFO!
You take care of your self.

scott1970

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are going through this. I hope it's a fluke, and everything returns to normal and stays that way.

I hate hospitals. I'm a long way from being a germ freak, and seeing blood and brains doesn't bother me, but hospitals are gross. Everything in them is gross except for most of the staff. And, then they become gross for being there for so long. My wife's an RN. When she comes home her uniform is gross, and so are all the little doodads in her pockets. I reckon it's about the only phobia I have.

bad565ss

Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon man. I've had to deal with a-fib myself. All tests were good, no other symptoms. They cant say if or when it might occur again. Best wishes.

DarrellV

Sharp as a bowlin' ball! Oh, Look! ..SQUIRREL!
Reaction score
Good on you for monitoring your body and recognizing the signs, then actually acting on them. Hopefully a fluke event that self corrects itself while you pretend to get some rest.

Heart stuff is definitely no joke, but you know that. I'm glad you're doing a bit better now, hopefully a full recovery is in the works.
^^^ This!

Seriously, Jon.. good on you for ACTING when you didn't feel right.

In situations like these there is no better measure you could have taken!

Good on you, man!

You've already taken the proper first step, it should be all downhill to recovery from here!