Horror-show lunacy

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
People... equal is not always fair. Wrap your heads around that.

Bail is there for a reason - to ensure appearance at trial. I'm sorry if you are poor and cannot make bail. That's not my problem. Perhaps, just perhaps, you should have thought about that while you were committing the crime.

So, fuck you to the poor and/or illegal, cocksuckers who commit crimes and then, cannot make bail. Rot in jail, motherfuckers. Or ship them the fuck out.

What the fuck is wrong with us? Where did the sanity go in this country. When did we start becoming such fucking idiots?

Oh, wait... never mind.
I'm only sorry that I can't like this more than once.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am old enough to remember what a shit hole NYC was in the 1970's.
Looks like soon its going to be just like old times.
Hell, it was better in the 70's, Breeze. Koch was a way better mayor than this jerkweed.

If someone committed those crimes here, my judge would slap a huge sphincter-stretching bail on them that they'd never forget.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
send em here to polk county,fl.we have a good sheriff who will not be afraid to lock em up or shoot them.

pnuggett

Reaction score
OK ,enough New York and California. Quit trying to one up each other. Let's call it a tie and leave it at that.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If the law won't protect me my foety foe will.

in-frikin'-sanity. :facepalm:
Depending on what some shit stain MIGHT try on me, he'd better pray he is NEVER released for ANY reason.

Like how about robbery plus assault plus attempted manslaughter. Or "just" robbery plus assault. Pray you NEVER get out cuz I WILL be waiting.

Last edited:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am old enough to remember what a shit hole NYC was in the 1970's.
Looks like soon its going to be just like old times.
I was there, and I remember. John V Lindsay and "fun city". Uh huh.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score

lpfan1980

Reaction score
As of January 1, in New York, here are the crimes for which a defendant MUST be released, without bail. None of these activities, apparently, are considered a threat to public safety, according to the geniuses who now run New York:

• Burglary in the second degree (residential burglary)
• Burglary in the third degree
• Robbery in the second degree (aided by another person)
• Robbery in the third degree
• Manslaughter in the second degree
• Criminally negligent homicide
• Aggravated vehicular homicide
• Vehicular manslaughter in the first and second degrees
• Assault in the third degree
• Aggravated vehicular assault
• Aggravated assault upon a person less than eleven years old
• Vehicular assault in the first and second degrees
• Criminal possession of a weapon on school grounds
• Criminal possession of a firearm
• Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree
• Criminal sale of a firearm to a minor
• Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the first and second degrees
• Criminal sale of a controlled substance in the first and second degrees
• Criminal sale of a controlled substance in or near school grounds
• Use of a child to commit a controlled substance offense
• Criminal sale of a controlled substance to a child
• Patronizing a person for prostitution in a school zone
• Promoting an obscene sexual performance by a child
• Possessing an obscene sexual performance by a child
• Promoting a sexual performance by a child
• Failure to register as a sex offender
• Bribery in the first degree
• Bribe giving for public office
• Bribe receiving in the first degree
• Arson in the third and fourth degrees
• Grand larceny in the first, second, third, and fourth degrees
• Aggravated cruelty to animals
• Overdriving, torturing and injuring animals
• Failure to provide proper sustenance to animals
• Animal fighting
• Unlawful imprisonment in the first degree
• Coercion in the first degree
• Criminal solicitation in the first degree
• Criminal facilitation in the first degree
• Money laundering in support of terrorism in the third and fourth degrees
• Making a terroristic threat
• Obstructing governmental administration in the first and second degree
• Obstructing governmental administration by means of a self-defense spray device
• Promoting prison contraband in the first and second degrees
• Resisting arrest
• Hindering prosecution
• Tampering with a juror
• Tampering with physical evidence
• Aggravated harassment in the first degree
• Directing a laser at an aircraft in the first degree
• Enterprise corruption
• Money laundering in the first degree

Note that this is also a backdoor sanctuary law, because if criminal illegals aren't in custody, ICE can't execute a detainer.
I used to want to see NYC really bad-not so much now!

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
What the ACTUAL fuck are they thinking?
Same as California.
Prisons are overcrowded, so the solution is to release them, because prisons and laws are racist.

But God forbid you possess a firearm that is 100% legal in (around) 45 states. Nope... they'll lock you up for that.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
good

let them de-value all of that real estate , that foreign investors have already paid for . that way it can be bought for pennies on the dollar in another decade when the city is destroyed . let the rich kids that pushed the *actual* cool people out ( like me :thumb: ) __ let them get a taste of crime

when I see something like this happening , it makes me wonder if the idiocy is all by design . and it's just some big social experiment

I really enjoyed living in NYC during the 80s . the 90s weren't bad either . things started getting progressively stranger , when it was supposedly getting better . but better by whose definitions ?

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
good

let them de-value all of that real estate , that foreign investors have already paid for . that way it can be bought for pennies on the dollar in another decade when the city is destroyed . let the rich kids that pushed the *actual* cool people out ( like me :thumb: ) __ let them get a taste of crime

when I see something like this happening , it makes me wonder if the idiocy is all by design . and it's just some big social experiment

I really enjoyed living in NYC during the 80s . the 90s weren't bad either . things started getting progressively stranger , when it was supposedly getting better . but better by whose definitions ?

Yeah, but the 70s NY of Mean Streets and Taxi Driver and Serpico was so much more colorful, it was so gritty, it kept it real.....

Who couldn't want a return to the Lindsay era? Who wants slick Disney touristy Times Square when we could have muggers and hookers and heroin dealers and strip joints again?

</purple>

outlawten5

Reaction score
Some guy was harassing two girls as they came out of a bar last night. He followed them and they jumped in a good Samaritans truck. Lunatic proceeds to follow them then overtakes the good Samaritan and two girls. Backs into them. Twice. Good Samaritan fires off 3 rounds and holds the guy at gunpoint till the cops arrive. Good Samaritan had to give up his gun but no arrest. I love Florida

Pappy58

Reaction score
C'mon man.

It can't be that bad.

There's some first-degree (evidently, level of "degree" is the game-changer here) stuff that would get you locked up in CA and the key conveniently lost.

Namely, ALL the animal crimes listed. And rightly so.

Vehicular Assault in both the first and second degrees?

Out here, a vehicular assault is considered ADW, I believe. It's certainly grounds for a LEO to shoot.

And so many others I saw there, wouldn't fly here.

As mentioned upthread, it would be easier and shorter to list what one will get incarcerated for.
Give it a little time Lt. NY and Cali are monkey see monkey do states. Once your Sacramento folks see they can save money and implicitly stiff ICE, they will surely follow suit.

rogue3

Reaction score
There’s an argument that it’s the business of bail that they’re getting out of.

if Bob and Sheila commit the same crime, and Bob is poor and Sheila is rich, then Sheila is far more likely to be able to make bail and be out than Bob. Because she is rich. But justice should not be based on rich or poor.
This is what is really happening, if i understand what i read.

They are released,by and large,anyway after paying bail.That hasn't changed.Same old.

The op created the anxiety that there will be thousands of new offenders on the streets.B.S.

Will they re-offend while out on bail? Same old question,you'll get a million answers.You have to hope the courts do not release those that have a high probability to do more crime.ok, that gets a laugh. :rofl:

what has changed,is the relaxation of bail requirement rules based on ability to pay.

"New York is set to roll back cash bail significantly.

Starting Jan. 1, those charged with most misdemeanors and Class E felonies will no longer face having to put up cash or bond to be released from jail while awaiting trial.

The major reform will ensure the state isn't effectively criminalizing poverty by keeping someone in jail only because they can't afford to get out.

But district attorneys and other law-enforcement officials across the state have raised concern, noting some of the misdemeanors and felonies no longer eligible for cash bail include charges of theft, assault or aggravated harassment.

The reforms will lead to the release of at least 3,800 people currently in county jails in 2020, according to a USA TODAY Network New York survey of the state's counties."

non-event,except for the *few* who couldn't raise bail.Those that did the crime,and paid bail,were out again pending trial ,anyway.

The list of class E felonies, and misdemeanors and those eligible for release pending trial,has not changed.

Is there a new crisis here,or are you guys just bookending New York and Cali?.

Last edited:

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score