Hooray for EVs!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nerp. Still a couple years past that minimum.

Prices vs product is still on the ridiculous side.
Not enough used EVs out there for folks to buy that cannot afford the R&D recoup prices on new...
Folks can buy used gas burners for as low as a grand or two for a reliable typically short work commute.
More folks at higher salaries that CAN afford them, are working from home now and have no need or impetus to pursue a new high dollar EV purchase.

lancpudn

Reaction score
BEV sales in Europe/UK have gone through the roof this year over previous years, for obvious reasons. Five more weeks til I pick up my new MG ZS EV. :dude:
SAIC MG have the MG ZS EV & the MG5 EV out this year & are bringing some more new BEV models to Europe in 2021, The MG 6BEV & this MG E-Motion EV :love:

1608563431345.png

1608562936063.png

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
BEV sales in Europe/UK have gone through the roof this year over previous years, for obvious reasons. Five more weeks til I pick up my new MG ZS EV. :dude:
SAIC MG have the MG ZS EV & the MG5 EV out this year & are bringing some more new BEV models to Europe in 2021, The MG 6BEV & this MG E-Motion EV :love:

View attachment 507290
Dayummmm

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
Hybrids... perhaps. Electric-only? Not for a long time yet, not here in Scotland/UK anyway. We aren't anywhere close to having the infrastructure implemented for the EV's currently already on the road as it is... and the councils aren't budgeting for it any time soon.

I know this for a fact as I was in - and still currently - in talks talking with my MP and our council about having a parking area built near our housing complex to facilitate such charging points (and to increase security as our cars have been getting damaged). No council or project schemes have the funds for it now, or any time in the next 5 years at least, and I've been told that will most certainly be the case for a very long time after that.

BoJo's announcement on banning the sale of petrol/diesel vehicles by 2030 is fluff at best. It's not going to happen.

PS. I have nowt against EV's... I think they are excellent and the way forward... eventually. They've got a long way to go.

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of shit dug up to build batteries...especially at that scale.... You gotta do something with the huge banks when retired. Still a car so there is all the stuff cars are made of, regardless of what shoves it down the road... Green? I think not.

lancpudn

Reaction score
Hybrids... perhaps. Electric-only? Not for a long time yet, not here in Scotland/UK anyway. We aren't anywhere close to having the infrastructure implemented for the EV's currently already on the road as it is... and the councils aren't budgeting for it any time soon.

I know this for a fact as I was in - and still currently - in talks talking with my MP and our council about having a parking area built near our housing complex to facilitate such charging points (and to increase security as our cars have been getting damaged). No council or project schemes have the funds for it now, or any time in the next 5 years at least, and I've been told that will most certainly be the case for a very long time after that.

BoJo's announcement on banning the sale of petrol/diesel vehicles by 2030 is fluff at best. It's not going to happen.

PS. I have nowt against EV's... I think they are excellent and the way forward... eventually. They've got a long way to go.

You wont see a ICE car without an electric axle after 2025 when the Euro cat 7 standards come into force, They will never pass the new stricter emissions. https://www.electrive.com/2020/12/11/eu-announces-stricter-climate-protection-targets-for-2030/ It's not really Boris but the Paris agreement limits we've signed up for.

I've recently been reading about the new measures the Scottish government want to implement up your neck o the woods. :eek: https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2020/12/17/scottish-government-plans-20-cut-in-car-use-within-ten-years-and-that-includes-electric-cars/?sh=92ab2cb2e429

redcoats1976

Reaction score

View attachment 507291

View attachment 507290
so is this the one youre getting?looks hot...

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm, that first car is dead secksi...

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only *green* car is the foot powered Flintstonesmobile.
Agreed and that for the most part is what turned me off with them, the advertising for green and eco was a bold faced lie.

Had they said go from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds flat without using gas and minimal noise, I’d be looking at them differently, a lot differently but they opted for the lie first

Latest Threads