SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Time for an update...

Unknown.jpeg

PeteK

Reaction score
Like when you go in to donate blood and they ask you if you've ever paid for sex.
"Umm... define "pay".... cash, drinks, a house????"
Where are you giving blood that they ask you that? They hold hookers in way higher regard in these parts. Never been asked that. They just want to know if I have any tattoos. :laugh2:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you giving blood that they ask you that? They hold hookers in way higher regard in these parts. Never been asked that. They just want to know if I have any tattoos. :laugh2:
They don't do that anymore?
They did in the 80s.
I haven't donated since A) I got tattoos and B) I'm an incredibly difficult "stick"

dave b

Reaction score
They don't do that anymore?
They did in the 80s.
I haven't donated since A) I got tattoos and B) I'm an incredibly difficult "stick"

They still ask in Canada. I've been a regular blood donor since the 70's. Boy, did things change after HIV and the 'tainted blood' crap. Safer now, though.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When this HBO special came out in 2004, I was playing poker sort of semi-professionally in AC. There is a thread about that around here somewhere, but I digress.

The point is, after this HBO show, you couldn't drive up & down Pacific Ave. It was packed with "hooker tourists", coming from everywhere to watch the Ho's - and maybe even partake. On Fri/Sat nights it was fucking insane. There were dozens of Ho's, walking up and down the middle of Pacific in their underwear, and minivans and K-cars full of suburban Dads, gawking and chatting them up.

I used to play in this very soft 10/20 game at the Tropicanna. It would break up around midnight, after all of the regulars emptied out the tourists and wanna-be's. We'd usually grab a bite at the noodle bar and hang out for an hour or so, before driving up to the Taj Mahal to mop up the drunks in the 15/30 game there.

The traffic got so bad we had to drive back out of town, go around the "hood" and come back in on the north side to get the Taj. Otherwise the one mile drive up Pacific, from the Trop to the Taj, could take over an hour.

Good times.

image.jpeg

Latest Threads