Hola from Portland

Gosch

Reaction score
Greetings, fellow Gibsonheads and Epiheads! It's a fine day in Portland, Oregon, and I am still on Cloud 37 since receiving a milestone birthday present so magnificent that I have to share. In the 90's, I played a 1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard, wine red. Had to sell it in around 2000 and was heartbroken. But everything is razzleberry frogurt and scones now! Credit goes to my nephew and former bandmate for restoring my state of Gibson-ness. My "new" LP is a 1990 Standard.

I have to comment about the neck profile. My '88 had a fat, 50's neck. The 1990 has a much smaller neck! The official description is "'59 Rounded", but it's a bunch slimmer than my 1988, and closer to a slim taper. I'm not complaining--I actually like both necks! I do find it frustrating that there is a lack of good neck profile information in existence, not to mention the misinformation and guessing that I've found. I guess the biggest problem is the lack of consistency on Gibson's part, year by year.

I'm gonna shut up now. Here are a couple shots I snapped using a russet burbank.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Frogfur

Reaction score
Nice..

I use to live in Oregon. They're all North West of normal out there..

Gosch

Reaction score
Nice..

I use to live in Oregon. They're all North West of normal out there..
Fact.

The "Keep Portland Weird" bumper stickers aren't really necessary, but most of us like it that way. Wouldn't live anywhere else if I could help it!

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

Welcome to MLP :applause:

Enjoy the fun and information :thumb:

DarrellV

Sharp as a bowlin' ball! Oh, Look! ..SQUIRREL!
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the crazy train!

Think its weird in Oregon? Well, it is.....but still can't beat the backstage! :run:

See ya around! Enjoy :cheers: