Hog Wild 1958 Murphy Lab - Aged Urine Burst

calieng

Reaction score
I came across this one and snagged it from Curt at HOG.

I just thought it was very authentic looking.

Not really a plain top guy but decided to grab it anyway. I am afraid I may be getting addicted to Murphy Lab!

P,S. please buy my other guitars for sale. If the wife sees the credit card this month I am a dead man.

s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, now the initial ’how much’ furores died down, and people are seeing them in the flesh, I have not read one negative remark about the new finish. I wouldn’t pay for heavy or ultra heavy personally. But an ultralight aged gets my vote all day long. An aged plain top has a vibe all of its own. It don’t need to high faluting figuring.just a cheeky hint only under certain light.

calieng

Reaction score
That one was listed as light aged but looks half way between light and heavy. Also has a 2020 serial number so one of the earlier ones. I expect the pictures is a little over exposed so probably a bit darker in natural light. Will post a pic when received. I just ordered this morning. Thanks.

goldtop0

Reaction score
They look good don't they..........and if you've got the dough why not..........where I am it's very unlikely we'll see any of these.........maybe one or two if at all.

calieng

Reaction score
They look good don't they..........and if you've got the dough why not..........where I am it's very unlikely we'll see any of these.........maybe one or two if at all.
You live in Idaho?

Socrates

Reaction score
Beautiful!

You might have to check yourself into The Murphy Lab Rehab Center in a few months :rofl:

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love dat!

And boy, can I relate to the credit card thing.

goldtop0

Reaction score
Well here's wishing something nice comes your way this year. Beautiful country.
Yes it's a great place........we're really blessed to live here in many many ways.
Got a sunburst fat necked '58 M2M 335 in the pipeline at the mo........only way of getting what you want, there's so little really good gibbys that come in(and that's the only drawback).........it's a tragedy I tell ya but I'll survive :lol:

demillso

Reaction score
Thanks. That one has been on my watch list and I have been struggling to not buy it. Post some pics when you get it. I'm curious how it looks in person.

framos

Reaction score
Now we're talking! Great LP man, congrats, enjoy!

calieng

Reaction score
Thanks. That one has been on my watch list and I have been struggling to not buy it. Post some pics when you get it. I'm curious how it looks in person.
Will do. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Sorry to have grabbed it....if I decide not to keep will PM you.

calieng

Reaction score
I am really loving these. I almost bought the 58 also but I think I'm going to go for a 335 instead.
Yes the '64 Block is next on my list once I move a bit more gear in my fire sale. I have not seen one in stock anywhere.

I actually should have waited a bit on the '58. I wanted a '58 in the collection and don't have a plain top but Urine Burst? What was I thinking.....

Latest Threads