Hocus Pocus Focus

JWinAK

Reaction score
Gary Hoey was my introduction to this song as a kid. I had no idea that there was supposed to be yodelling, whistling and a flute!

sk8rat

Reaction score
my dad showed me and my friend this song when I was about 12. the look on my friends face when the yodeling started was priceless.

Meatwad

Reaction score
Back in the last century they used to have these things called radios, and I heard this all the time.
They also had these things called records, and I had the 45 of this, with one side being the AM shortened version, and the album cut on the other side.

I still consider this one of the earliest examples of what we know now as a shred guitar solo.......covered this one myself in several bands.

The important thing is that I had an onion tied to my belt.

BKS

Reaction score
Jan akkerman was voted best guitar player in early seventies and he still is doing great. He Just released a new cd, going to see him life again in januari.
Focus also still alive and well, going to see them few months after that.

BKS

Reaction score
75+ and going strong. He was on Dutch tv this weekend as his daughter was in the Voice but she did not do well enough for any of the judges to turn.

BKS

Reaction score
Of his new cd "Close Beauty"

meatball

Reaction score
Gary Hoey was my introduction to this song as a kid. I had no idea that there was supposed to be yodelling, whistling and a flute!
I saw him play this back in the 90’s . I saw him open for the Doobie Brothers and Foreigner in Greenville ,SC at an all day show ... he played about 6 tunes like this and he was flat out amazing to see .