HNGD: '58 aged Les Paul in Pale Whisky Burst

Cav

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's a HNGD! I just bought this '58 LP... :dude:

It's been a moment since I'm looking for an used Collector's Choice LP after regreting selling my CC #28 but I haven't found anything that suited me.
Last year I sold my my number #1 LP R8 and an B4. I wanted to reduce my rig and a bit of change. So I kept my R4 that had a Jaeger makeover and a vintage Silverburst LP Custom.
But the idea of an aged R8 didn't stop growing on my mind for the last few months and I finally found the one.

I'm more than happy to have pulled the trigger on this one. It's a special colour called Pale Whisky Burt. Something inbetween a tobbaco and a cherry burst. Looks great!
The sound is super balanced with a great attack and the neck is more like a '59 profile than the baseball bat. Perfect!
It has True Historic parts on it.And the aging is about the same as the MArk Knopfler sig, a guitar I dreamed for a long time about.

I just ordered a bridge Wolfetone Marshallhead mk2 as I play more rock and hard rock things than jazz and blues and need a bit more punch in the bridge position. But the Custombuckers sound very nice, clear and smooth.

Enough said, here are a few pictures of the guitar. :photos:

Cheers !

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Congrats, HNGD :jam: and play her in good heatlh!

JMP

Reaction score
That’s sweet.

I’m not trying to be critical of your awesome new guitar here- my only question is why do they install the potentiometers so that the knobs stick up much higher than they need to?

Love the color and burst.

Cav

Reaction score
That’s sweet.

I’m not trying to be critical of your awesome new guitar here- my only question is why do they install the potentiometers so that the knobs stick up much higher than they need to?

Love the color and burst.
Probably because it was like this back in the 50´s. All the reissues I owned had these pots.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice ...I love that color!

bblooz

Reaction score
Wowza! That's a sweet looking Lester - enjoy.............

Cav

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I replaced the pickups with Bareknuckle VH2 bridge and a Riff Raff neck. The improvement in sound is awesome. As ususal with BKP’s. I play mainly hard rock stuff and the CB’s are too polite for this.
The bridge Wolfetone MH mk2 sounded good, but was a bit bright and lacked basses on this guitar.
I also replaced the Gibson covers with BKP's raw aged nickel I had in stock for years. Looks great!
Now, it’s well balanced with great articulation and just enough balls.
:dude::dude:
PXL_20210514_052911579-01-02.jpeg

Latest Threads