Hmmm... I have to say.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Ok, I just got through playing my Epiphone LP Classic-T for about 2 hours and I then picked up my 2014 Gibson LP Studio Pro, which is the 60's slim taper neck and it's weight relieved. The Gibson 2014 Studio Pro is a very light guitar, especially compared to my Epiphone Classic-T. The 2014 Studio Pro also has a slightly slimmer body than the Classic-T. In comparing the two, the Classic-T is a lot heavy guitar, and when I picked up the Studio Pro, it felt like I was picking up an LP-100. Granted, the Studio Pro plays/feels & sounds really great, it is just so light compared to my Classic-T, the first thing I thought of when I picked up the Studio Pro out of the case, was that it felt like I was picking up a LP-100.

Anyone have a similar feeling between an Epiphone and a Gibson.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Which do you prefer? Lighter or heavier?
I like the heavier, but I sit down and play right now, since I haven't played in a band for a while now. Maybe when I get in a band and start playing standing up, I may appreciate the lighter guitar. Who knows, but I do think the Classic-T with the SD pickups, does sound a little bit better. Maybe the thicker body is giving the Classic-T a little bit fuller tone?

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
I say get rid of the Studio Pro (PM me for ship to) and pick up another LP Classic T in a different color so the weight difference won't be getting into your head and that equates to a longer, more focused, practicing regiment. Seriously though, did you weigh them?

Latest Threads