History las vegas

bassbo530

Reaction score
yes, as I explained to you before you purchased the cherry burst/2 piece back example, the Las Vegas is a 'student' model.

it's kinda strange that a student model such as the Las Vegas is actually a very well made guitar; the two I owned were 1 piece body back, and the other was 2 piece/center seam body back.

pretty good specs for student rated instruments ...........
I WAS thinking that it was just a play on words as the Japanese do..."LAS VEGAS" Instead " LES PAUL" Or "STUDENT instead of "STANDARD" I Guess The new History's Have the New Fujigen Circle Fretting System..,.

ryan7olson7

Reaction score
Im KINDA HOPING THAT THE HISTORY'S TAKE OFF LIKE EDWARDS DID !!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

how about not! SSSSHHHHH grasshopper! be happy you got a killer guitar. lets not ruin the pearl by banging on the oyster... the obscure brands made by popular factories are the only deals we have left.... fujigen makes a bunch of brands....lets save some so we have something to buy in the next 10 years...
i mean in 5 years greco, tokai, burny and all the esp brands will be burned out... or priced like gibsons.
what will that leave us? FUJIGEN!!! i mean, we are at the golden age of 30 year old japanese les pauls.... lets not cut our throats by sharing our little secret... and letting everyone get in on a MIJ... it's bad enough people like PAPATOM are in on it... although PAPATOM just represents corts as fujigen...

bassbo530

Reaction score
how about not! Sssshhhhh grasshopper! Be happy you got a killer guitar. Lets not ruin the pearl by banging on the oyster... The obscure brands made by popular factories are the only deals we have left.... Fujigen makes a bunch of brands....lets save some so we have something to buy in the next 10 years...
I mean in 5 years greco, tokai, burny and all the esp brands will be burned out... Or priced like gibsons.
What will that leave us? Fujigen!!! I mean, we are at the golden age of 30 year old japanese les pauls.... Lets not cut our throats by sharing our little secret... And letting everyone get in on a mij... It's bad enough people like papatom are in on it... Although papatom just represents corts as fujigen...
my lips are sealed !!! :d

ryan7olson7

Reaction score
my lips are sealed !!! :d
thank you!
i mean, i am not trying to keep anyone from getting a mij.
the problem is , the more you share, the more people like papatom spoil it, all over some ebay greed. i think the MIJ market is exactly where it should be... phenomenal guitars at realistic prices just like the kalamazoo gibsons used to be... in the early 70's :)
it's our last stand guys. after the 25-35 year old mij's are gone there is no more inexpensive fun, unless you think the garbage gibson is churning out is gonna be collectible??? although the historics ARE nice. the regular nashville stuff is pretty piss poor QC wise... just my opinion...

vintageJIM

Banned
Reaction score
Im KINDA HOPING THAT THE HISTORY'S TAKE OFF LIKE EDWARDS DID !!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
I seriously doubt they will but stranger things have happened so, you just never know; got a crystal ball :fingersx:

I owned two of the Las Vegas models & I sure wish I would have kept that first one :rolleyes: as it has the 1 piece body back, and super fat neck; at the time I was into thinner necks & that's the only reason I sold it .........

the only consolation: I better than doubled my $$$ when I sold it :hmm: .............

vintageJIM

Banned
Reaction score
thank you!
i mean, i am not trying to keep anyone from getting a mij.
the problem is , the more you share, the more people like papatom spoil it, all over some ebay greed. i think the MIJ market is exactly where it should be... phenomenal guitars at realistic prices just like the kalamazoo gibsons used to be... in the early 70's :)
it's our last stand guys. after the 25-35 year old mij's are gone there is no more inexpensive fun, unless you think the garbage gibson is churning out is gonna be collectible??? although the historics ARE nice. the regular nashville stuff is pretty piss poor QC wise... just my opinion...

there are some MIJ guitars out there that border on being phenomenal, and of course it's really fun when you have such an obscure brand that turns out to be a stellar example

the Bacchus brand are typically very good but some examples are down right incredible; I'm glad to own a few of those

I have owned only one Combat but it is such an exceptional example, it really is beyond description.
As far as desirability; I have already had two offers for it that are both nearly double what I paid for it :naughty: and both offers coming from life long, die hard Gibson players :hmm:

You just gotta love it when some Gibson stalwart shakes their head in disbelief & then craps their pants when they freak out over a Les Paul that isn't a Gibson :laugh2: ...................

bassbo530

Reaction score
BTW VintageJIM I Posted some more photos of History # 2 CHECK IT OUT !!

Tommy71

Reaction score
I just bought my first "History Las Vegas" guitar for 645€. It was hard to find price range for these very unknown guitars but i think i made good deal. At least guitar is beautiful:cool2:
Anyone know where to find more info about these History guitars?

m5570

Reaction score
Was that the one from Spain?

Killer looking guitar! I’m not 100% sure, but I think the LV was the student model. It has the old History logo on it as well.

Tommy71

Reaction score
Was that the one from Spain?

Killer looking guitar! I’m not 100% sure, but I think the LV was the student model. It has the old History logo on it as well.
Thanks! Exactly, it was from the Spain.

currypowder

Reaction score
Here's a 1996 History catalog, Pg 4 has the Las Vegas series - https://www.shimamura.co.jp/originalbrand/pdf/old_history2.pdf

Contrary to some of the earlier posts, I'm pretty sure that Fujigen was not making History guitars in 1996. It appears that Fujigen took over production around 2001.

I own a bunch of History guitars from the Fujigen era, but only one from the early period. It's an ES-295 copy that is fantastic.

Tommy71

Reaction score
Here's a 1996 History catalog, Pg 4 has the Las Vegas series - https://www.shimamura.co.jp/originalbrand/pdf/old_history2.pdf

Contrary to some of the earlier posts, I'm pretty sure that Fujigen was not making History guitars in 1996. It appears that Fujigen took over production around 2001.

I own a bunch of History guitars from the Fujigen era, but only one from the early period. It's an ES-295 copy that is fantastic.
Thanks for the link! That es-295 copy looks stunning!

Latest Threads