Historic Makeovers Real Deal 1959 Les Paul

Route66

MLP Sponsor
Reaction score
This guitar started life as a 2009 Gibson Custom Shop 50th Anniversary Gold Book 1959 Les Paul. It was one of 500 built honoring the 50th Anniversary of the 1959 Les Paul, now it is a ONE OF A KIND! Having been sent to Historic Makeovers for the Real Deal Makeover, this guitar is now indistinguishable from a real 1959 Les Paul. If you're interested email [email protected] or visit our website Route 66 Classic Guitars- selling new, used & vintage guitars
2194.jpg

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! But no money to spend...... ::(:dunno:

Frogfur

Reaction score
Probably costs too much for my budget.

honkytone

Reaction score
Whatta trip, I just realized I owned this guitar before it got HM'd! I see they even put fake Bigsby holes in it—now THAT'S commitment. Here's what it looked like before:

md3r.jpg

journeyman73

Reaction score
love the flecks - honestly, cant say i would have found the original color needing changing - that was freaking beautiful outta the box. guess it helps to have authentic flame!

what is the HM color in person - is it more of a dirty lemon/honey, rather than ice tea?

honkytone

Reaction score
The flecks really show a lot more without the red in the burst. At first I was wondering if it's even the same guitar.

sikoniko

Reaction score
Whatta trip, I just realized I owned this guitar before it got HM'd! I see they even put fake Bigsby holes in it—now THAT'S commitment. Here's what it looked like before:

md3r.jpg

This guitar was made-over by the previous owner who added a bigsby to it. They ended up needing money and sold it back to Kim, who the did the guitar by removing the bigsby and re-spraying it. It is an absolutely beautiful guitar and one I would love to own. I had the opportunity to play it at Kim's and if I could've afforded it, I would have bought it from Kim and not pay the Route 66 profit margin.

Latest Threads