Historic Les Paul DC 58'

RichTurner

Reaction score
Hi all, just picked up this TV Model DC Les Paul. It's a 2007 model. I know there are not a lot of these around and it got me to thinking, is there a production book or list that details the number of each style of guitar Gibson made each year? I was just wondering how many of these there are about as I very rarely see them and this was the first I had seen come up in ages. well a lefty that is

This has a great fat neck (just how I like em) and the intonation is surprisingly good.

Sadly it stinks of cigarettes so does anyone have any remedies for that? Also someone has had a go rewiring it as it's a bit of a debacle in regards to the soldering on the pots. Everything works well for the most part though the tone pot that is at full tone when only on 4.

Over all though it was pretty cheap and plays very nicely. I'm looking forward to any thoughts or comments. One thought I had was changing out the pots and cap to try and resolve that tone issue. I had considered buying an Emerson pre wired kit. Any thoughts on those or their competitors?

Cheers

Rich

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Congrats. :cheers:

I have an incredible 2010 that I got for a great price because the guy had bad Tele GAS. Mine has a Throbaks, CTS pots and Luxembourg Bees. I also have it a nylon nut, Mojoaxe tailpiece, and put on a historic truss rod cover.

Your fretboard is pretty light, though. Personally, I would use some bore oil (like Fret Doctor) to darken it.

Gibson does not release production numbers.

RichTurner

Reaction score
Congrats. :cheers:

I have an incredible 2010 that I got for a great price because the guy had bad Tele GAS. Mine has a Throbaks, CTS pots and Luxembourg Bees. I also have it a nylon nut, Mojoaxe tailpiece, and put on a historic truss rod cover.

Your fretboard is pretty light, though. Personally, I would use some bore oil (like Fret Doctor) to darken it.

Gibson does not release production numbers.
H Tim, thanks for all that. I stripper it down today and gave it a great clean. I am going to replace the pots as the tone is no good and someone soldered it all together with a chainsaw I think lol.

I am going to put a Tyson Tone in it I have decided. The Throwbacks are great I am sure but for now I am going to give Bob's a shot.

Whislt cleaning it today I was looking at the truss rod cover thinking it was very light and flimsy. Thats a nice idea using a historic one. I am also looking at the MojoAxe. When I stripper he down I notice it has Tonepros locking nuts on it.

I'll check out the Bore Oil.

You don't have a pic of yours do you?

I usually use 11's - 52's on my Les Paul's but they feel OTT on this for some reason. I might have to go back to 10's

Cheers

Rich

musicmaniac

Reaction score
Nice! That wear looks like they played it upside down.

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
I kinda dig the lighter color of the fretboard. Gives it a bit of a Nocaster look. I lime both dark and light fretboards. It depends on the color of the body. For some reason, on a TV Yellow/Blonde, a lighter color works nicely.

Latest Threads