Copied from the "other" LP forum...2017, still no update on this thread ?
See above Flick...Here is the response I got from my contact at Gibson. He confirms it is a 2010 and they did not make R8s in 2000 (but I have never seen one from 1999 in my life either)
This serial number rolls as a 2010 LPR8. The 58’ Les Paul plain top was available from 1994-1999, same specs as LPR9 but with plain top.
58 Les Paul figured top available 1996-1999.
1958 Les Paul Plaintop VOS
Gibson customer service
Some'16 'RXXXXX' models are repurposed THs so some do have TH plastics.Wast there a rumor/allegation that some 2016 "Rn" git's got TH plastics and PUP covers?
Good to have this info.This would be the year to do it.
* Return to single ply Rosewood finger board (2012 Folly)
* More visually correct Inlay's (From 2012)
* Aniline Dye to the back
* Better looking Machine Head Keys
* Domed Machine Head Studs instead of Flat
* Narrower neck on some
* Color of binding changed to more closely match originals
* Steel Studs (from 2010 or 2011)
* VOS treatment is somewhat less
* Slotted screw on pick guard bracket (2010, 2011)
* Pots on some CC models react more like original Centra Lab pots.
* Hot Hide Glue used in neck joint
* Custom Bucker Pickups as new default pickup for the historic line.
* Vintage size Truss Rod.
* Truss Rod Sheathing Deleted.
* Studs are longer/deeper into the wood.
In addition to the above changes
* New Gold Top Color
* New filler color and stain to Gold Top Backs
There.... I am sure I missed some.
Anyone can contribute. Correct the list or accuse me of blasphemy ....
But I was bored.