- Nov 14, 2013
- Reaction score
Wow. Great info here. Glad I found MLP...
This is not the correct location for placing those questions. Please start your own thread with pictures of the guitar.I have on of the rare early 90's reissues its a 92 and its beautiful.I paid almost 3000 for it . Did I make the right call?Instead of having classic
on the headstock it has model. All my other classic series les pauls have
classic on the head stock instead
So what is the deal now with the spacing between the pickups / pickup routing? The 1993-year says correct pickup routing, but 1997 says blueprint revealed wrong pickup routing leaving a gap. My R7 is from 1993 and the spacing between the pickups is 2.36 inches. On Past 1997 Reissues the spacing is smaller. So which one is now the correct routing?Here's some good info that I found.
* Historic Collection introduced. Models include; '54 Black Beauty, '56 Goldtop, '57 Custom Black Beauty/3 Pickup, '57 Goldtop, '57 Custom Black Beauty/2 Pickup, '57 Custom Black Beauty with optional Bigsby Tailpiece, '59 Flametop, '60 Flametop
* First 25 Sunburst and first 15 Goldtops were painted by Tom Murphy.
* Deep neck joint.
* Thin Holly head veneer.
* Silk screened les paul logo.
* Correct pickup routing.
* Les Paul classic aged inlay.
* 57 Classic pickups.
* Kluson replica tuners.
* Vintage letter styled serial#.
*"Historic collection" decal on the back of the headstock.
* Indian rosewood fingerboard.
*"AAAA" grade soft maple top.
* Regular gibson usa brown case.
* Regular early 90s style cherry sunburst.
* Cherry sunburst and heritage darkburst"
* Some models lack pickguard
* Historic parts; only pickguard, pickup rings, trussrod cover.
* Regular gibson usa white pearloid inlay.
* "AAAA" grade soft maple top.
* Darker transparent orangy cherry sunburst. (1994-1996)
* First year for the R8
* First 200 of 1994 painted By Tom Murphy
*"Historic collection" decal still on the back of the headstock.
* 1995-2002 both Eastern and Western Maple used for tops
* "Flametop" R8 introduced in Buttersctch and Vintage Red finishes
* R4 1996 up
* ID micro chip in the neck joint.
* Brass bridge saddles instead of steel bridge saddles.
* "AAAAA" grade soft maple top.
* Brighter transparent orangy cherry sunburst. (1997-199
* Pickguard blueprinted and caused a gap, revealing improper placement of the bridge pickup
As I mentioned in the other thread when I pointed you to this one, everything you need should be in the first post of this thread. I've copied and pasted below most of the specs from guitaraddict's OP that should be applicable to 2008.Hi guys!
Could someone tell me the specs for a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul 1957 VOS Goldtop (R7) from year 2008..?
Also, what are the differences between 2003 Historic Collection R7 model??
Thanks in advance!
Here is an interview of Edwin Wilson (Gibson Custom Historic Program Manager): https://youtu.be/mHnjynHXE4UI think its time for a 2014 update.....
I did last years...