High-Order Jimmy page T-Top?

zeplp87

Reaction score
I was looking into T-top replicas that can 'quack' like the jimmy page t-top tone from the Madison Garden shows, and I came across High-order pickups. There was a pickup specifically designed for the Page t-top tone and i was wondering if any one's tried a set (specifically the bridge pickup)? I'm contemplating ordering but wanted some reviews/advice first. Any alternatives that are better/just as good?

MrRhoads

Reaction score
I was looking into T-top replicas that can 'quack' like the jimmy page t-top tone from the Madison Garden shows, and I came across High-order pickups. There was a pickup specifically designed for the Page t-top tone and i was wondering if any one's tried a set (specifically the bridge pickup)? I'm contemplating ordering but wanted some reviews/advice first. Any alternatives that are better/just as good?

I´m using T-Top replicas from Jeff @ Highorderpickups :D
The neck is based on a early 70´s T-top and read about 7,21kOhm
The brigde is based on a 60s T-top and read 7,7kOhm
The bobbins on each pickup is slightly missmatched.
I was going for a Randy Rhoads sound.
Listen and see if you like the sound.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZGai7LfkKQ]YouTube - T-Top replicas Highorder Pickups clean[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyFNDhfMEpc]YouTube - T-Top replicas Highorder pickups cranked[/ame]

"EDIT - the neck pickup is the best i´ve ever had so far;)"

Exluthier

Reaction score
I think Skatterbrane is making a T-top now as well, in the demo he posted they definitely quacked.

JLH

Reaction score
David Plummer @ Zhangbucker makes a bad ass page pickup, I have a set of pure hand wound Pagey 2's that are Uber page quack.
He is a first class guy with first class product.

zeplp87

Reaction score
I´m using T-Top replicas from Jeff @ Highorderpickups :D
The neck is based on a early 70´s T-top and read about 7,21kOhm
The brigde is based on a 60s T-top and read 7,7kOhm
The bobbins on each pickup is slightly missmatched.
I was going for a Randy Rhoads sound.
Listen and see if you like the sound.
YouTube - T-Top replicas Highorder Pickups clean
YouTube - T-Top replicas Highorder pickups cranked

"EDIT - the neck pickup is the best i´ve ever had so far;)"

Thanks for the Vids! The cranked samples seems much too hot for live Page, I don't think I've seen a pickup with such a low reading having such high output!!! What were your amp settings?

In regards to the do-it yourself T-top, I happen to have a pair of epiphone pickups I could use to do the 490T/R mod, but how much skill does it involve? I've never done anything like that before

MrRhoads

Reaction score
Thanks for the Vids! The cranked samples seems much too hot for live Page, I don't think I've seen a pickup with such a low reading having such high output!!! What were your amp settings?

In regards to the do-it yourself T-top, I happen to have a pair of epiphone pickups I could use to do the 490T/R mod, but how much skill does it involve? I've never done anything like that before

Amp setting on my Peavey Windsor Studio is;
Low-gain input
Preamp 7/12
Bass 0/12
Middle 11/12
Treble 10/12
Booster function avtivated.
Master about 8/12 so that the power really works hard, rolling off to about 6-7 makes it a little cleaner.
I also use a MXR GT-OD Overdrive with all the knobs on full:D

About making yourself some replicas T-Top just search the forum for "magnet swap" and you should find some threads about it.
If you have covers it´s a bit tricky but not that hard.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

i did it the other day, and it really wasn't that hard - just a little scary.

zeplp87

Reaction score
And any/all epiphone pickups have the proper magnet?

zeplp87

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information, I think i'm leaning toward a new T-Top from high order since it cheaper than a used 490T/R. Plus I don't think I have the skillset required :laugh2: Has anyone dealt with high order before and how are they in terms of customer service?

zeplp87

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice! I put through my order earlier today for some double white jimmy page t-tops :applause: :D and now the long wait begins

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You might wanna try some ShedZeppelins.
Jimmy007.jpg

zeplp87

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggetion reverend, but those shed zeppelins are slightly out of my current budget, but I have no doubt they're amazing pickups :thumb:

McQ

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice! I put through my order earlier today for some double white jimmy page t-tops :applause: :D and now the long wait begins

I'm thinking about one of these, and was wondering how it worked out for you. The pictures on your other posts look awesome! Love that cream pup look.

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about one of these, and was wondering how it worked out for you. The pictures on your other posts look awesome! Love that cream pup look.

I still say try a set of ShedZeppelins you wont be dissapointed, a few of us know the true secret, but I promise you WILL NOT be dissapointed, and that is a promise. :)

McQ

Reaction score
ShedZeppelins, unfortunately, are not in my budget :(

Benjammin

Reaction score
I've very curious about these High Orders, has anyone else tried them??

Barber

Reaction score
Dave stephens anybody !?

He has the best Page set, to my ears !

Latest Threads