Hi Guys and gals,Half of les Paul maple cap didn’t take stain? Is this normal or?

monty john

Reaction score
Ok now I see it.....could be scraping off of the finish of the binding went too low....hard to tell...yeah sorry man....

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I think you should send it back before Gibson goes bankrupt.

Oh wait...

Never mind.
:D

I find these little idiosyncrasies interesting.
Your guitar is your guitar.
Ain't no other that is just the same.
:thumb:

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Ok guys thank you, sorry if I bothered anyone
I’ve never seen maple showing that far out onto the horn, only in the cutaway. I don’t think that stain or scraping has anything to do with that. The maple cap is a little thick there and the binding doesn’t cover it like it normally would.

Macronaut

Reaction score
I'm still not certain it's over scrape or what. Better pictures would help.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey,.. I sppell itt like i wantta Sppell itt,... for gebus sake.... who made you lord of the pees??:rofl::run::rofl:

Put down the fork @Thumpalumpacus , i'm only pplayin'....:D
Geting into a scrap over the sppeling of the past tense of scrape is just plane sily :laugh2: unless said scrap is just in jest

No scraping over the spelling of scrapping

GitFiddle

Reaction score
Its fkn normal for the maple cap to show period...nothing left here ... good bye
Ok guys thank you, sorry if I bothered anyone
You're not bothering anyone at all. This is your thread. Anyone that contributes is genuinely interested in your situation and questions. There are not too many here that go out of their way to just be a condescending dick, but there are a few. Same as anywhere else on the net. You'll get used to ignoring them. Play the hell out of that LP. The rest of that maple will stain itself.

monty john

Reaction score
Kinda looks like there was a flaw at the base of the maple cap and they lodged another piece of wood in there......WTF???.....get a partial refund....I would tell the seller about it no doubt..bitch about it......squeeky wheel gets the grease....maybe he will refund 200bux or something....odd for sure

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Premium Member
Reaction score
R rrel d
You're not bothering anyone at all. This is your thread. Anyone that contributes is genuinely interested in your situation and questions. There are not too many here that go out of their way to just be a condescending dick, but there are a few. Same as anywhere else on the net. You'll get used to ignoring them. Play the hell out of that LP. The rest of that maple will stain itself.
:applause:

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
Kinda looks like there was a flaw at the base of the maple cap and they lodged another piece of wood in there......WTF???.....get a partial refund....I would tell the seller about it no doubt..bitch about it......squeeky wheel gets the grease....maybe he will refund 200bux or something....odd for sure
That would be a lot of work no??? To put a sliver in that perfect

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hear that. I've noticed more spelling errors creeping into my writing, mainly. Incomplete sentences, too. :D
Geting into a scrap over the sppeling of the past tense of scrape is just plane sily :laugh2: unless said scrap is just in jest

No scraping over the spelling of scrapping
The only time i get any love around here is when i make mistakes,... Spelling is the easy part,... typing and remembering what i was trying to type, and getting it done before I'm 5 pages out is the hard part. Then i post it,.. it doesn't make any sense!.. :facepalm:

I try to make the correction and someone has already made a reply to it:facepalm:

I'm gonna lose my license soon,.. I know it!:laugh2:

I think me and Alvin need to put a band together.

BrainMan

Reaction score
Do the even stain the wood anyway? I always thought it was just a tinted nitro they sprayed on first then a few clear coats after?

Latest Threads